Chapter 7

It was only the morning, and Shawn was already in a foul mood. He had awoken all nervous. All he could think about was his mate. To be exact - finding his mate. He found himself stressing even more about his birthday party and meeting with the other Alphas. 

Nevertheless, the situation about his mate was stressing him most. He wasn't going to take over his Father's position at least another 3-4 years, so he didn't have to actually stress over it. At least for now.

Historically, Shawn had never understood why everybody around him was fussing about their mate.  All those big bad werewolves, capable of ripping a rogues throat in a blink of an eye, doting on mates and trying to fulfil their every whim looked cringy. 

But now, when Shawn had finally come of age, the thought about somebody that you are meant to spend the rest of your life with, with whom you can't even choose, was scary and nervewracking. 

All living beings had their mating call. It was a pure animalistic instinct. Even humans had it. Just werewolves had that side a bit more expressed, as they were literally half wolves. But just as their human part was not fully human, their wolves were not completely wolves either.

Shawn was walking around like a ghost, doing more harm than good. When he had tried to help his Mother and the other pack women with food preparation, he had burned 5 trays of muffins. 

Assembling tables had ended in breaking two of them. Setting the tables that hadn't been destroyed had resulted in a dozens of broken plates. Eventually, his family had sent him away to "sort out his head", but in other words "don't get in our way".

After running around for a couple of hours in his wolf form, he finally came back home, took a shower, dressed, and headed downstairs with his father to greet the other Alphas. 

He was getting restless in the office with their guest. He knew, that a lot of people had already gathered downstairs, which meant that Max should have arrived too. At least, he hoped so.

His father watched his son's agony with a smile and finally decided to let him off the hook.

They wrapped their conversation, and headed downstairs, to greet other guests.

Shawn almost flew downstairs. He entered the hall and his eyes immediately started searching for Max.

But all the sudden strong smell hit his nose. It was smelling like vanilla, raspberries and wild jasmine.

"Mate", his inner-wolf growled.

Shawn knew this could happen, but he was still shaken.

Immediately he started heading towards the source of that smell.

And then he saw him.

Max.

Shawn felt such a relieve, that it couldn't be described by words. He wanted it to be Max. He needed it to be Max.

And Max, oblivious to the situation was standing with a glass of white wine and laughing at another guy's jokes.

A wave of jealousy washed over Shawn, and for a moment he saw only red. He staggered for a second, surprised from all the new feelings. He knew that wolves were really possessive, and easily triggered regarding their mate, but still everything came as surprise. Shawn, in large steps stalked towards Max, grabbed his wrist, and dragged him out of the room.

Max was silently walking behind Shawn. Well to be exact, being dragged behind the Shawn. He was scared by his silence.

"Maybe he wants me to leave, now that he probably found his mate", Max thought.

They stopped abruptly, and Max almost smashed into Shawn, as they entered some room.

'It's my bedroom" said Shawn.

Max still didn't know what was going on. He looked around with wide eyes, but couldn't figure it out why they were in Shawn's bedroom.

But he had no time to think, as Shawn slammed the door behind them and smashed their lips together.

Max wanted to protest, but he was taken back by the passionate kiss. Their lips melded together, and he couldn't do anything, but gasp.

Shawn used Max's confusion, as the smaller boy gasped, and Shawn deepened the kiss. He wrapped his arms around Max's waist, pulling him even closer as one hand pried the cardigan from his shoulders.

Max's back was against the wall. Soon his shock and confusion were replaced by pure lust, as he answered Shawn's hot kisses. He wrapped his hands around taller boy's neck, and finally did, what he was dying to do - he knotted his fingers into Shawn's hair. He tugged on it with need.

"Mate" whispered Shawn against Max's neck, and small boy froze on the spot. He couldn't believe, that it was happening, that he was actually to be Shawn's mate.

Shawn started to unbuttoning Max's shirt, at the same time grinding their hips together, and Max was a panting mess.

Max's body was shivering. He was desperately clinging to Shawn, and even if he wanted, he was already beyond the point of return. They both were.

 They both were