Chapter 8

Max felt his feet lifting from the floor. He wrapped his arms around Shawn's neck, as he was carrying him to the bed.

Shawn dropped Max on his bed, noticing his disheveled appearance. Max's face was flushed, his shirt half open, slipped down from one shoulder, revealing porcelain skin, that Shawn was dying to mark. He dropped between Max's legs and resumed kissing him.

He didn't give time for the small boy to adjust, his tongue plunging deep into Max's mouth, greedily claiming it completely. He hastily removed both of their shirts. One hand tugged at Max's hair, and the other hand slipped down his waistband.

Max couldn't contain his moans. He still was desperately clinging to Shawn, scratching his at back, overwhelmed by all the new sensations.

Suddenly they heard a loud crash.

Shawn leapt to his feet  and looked at the door. Something was happening downstairs.  He growled and jumped from the bed. Max was still sitting half dazed.

Shawn quickly gathered their clothes and started dressing Max, who sat there, gazing with shock through glassy eyes.

"Babe," Shawn started. "I want you to stay here,  do you hear me? Do not move till I come back" he kissed Max's forehead.

Max grabbed Shawn's wrist. "Wait, I am going with you."

"Listen, babe, you can't. Promise me, you stay here. Please. I will be back soon. I don't want you to get hurt. I can't lose you now, just when I've found you."

Shawn kissed Max one last time and quickly ran through the door.

Max jumped after him and leapt to the door, but when he tried to open it, he realized it was locked from the outside.

"Fuck!"

Max tugged at his hair.

"You think fucking door could hold me!?"

He looked around and saw an incense stick.

"That will do."

He grabbed and shoved it under the door. He stepped backwards slightly, closed his eyes and quickly whispered a chant. There was a"poof" sound and it was only a pile of ash where the door once was. 

"Good thing, that I learned some elemental magic from my dad," mumbled Max, storming out of the room.

It was chaos downstairs. Some bulky looking men were helping to evacuate people to the main house. Max looked around, his eyes searching for the familiar black hair.

"What's happening?" he asked one of the huge men, presumably a war-wolf, helping people to reach the main house.

"Rogues. Shit loads of them. They probably knew about the gathering here, and a rogue pack decided to attack."

Max nodded his head, said a quick "thank you" and ran outside. He tried to suppress the feeling of impending dread, that he had already felt before coming to the party.

The first thing he saw after running outside was blood. Everywhere. He saw wounded werewolves in both men and wolves forms coming back. Although werewolf wounds healed fast, if a wound is too great, or a rogues teeth were covered in silvervine, the wound may take forever to heal, or not heal at all. Max knew it, and he could smell silvervine in the air. He desperately looked around and saw one of Shawn's friend. He immediately ran to him.

"Do you know how to drive?" Max asked.

He nodded.

"Good." Max threw his car keys over to him.

"Go to my house, and tell my brother to gather all my potions, get my Journal and immediately bring him with everything here."

Shawn's friend simply nodded his head and turned to leave.

Max turned and ran further towards the woods, until he saw Shawn and the others.

Shawn was fighting next to his father and Beta. They were barely still standing on their feet. There were bodies of rogues scattered all around. Shawn was all bloody, but it looked like the fight was coming to an end. 

After dropping the last's rogue's body to the ground, Shawn turned around. After seeing Max, he immediately changed into his human form, and Max could see a smile on his face, but also a scolding look. 

He stepped a couple of steps forward when suddenly a huge rogue wolf, with blood red eyes leapt from of the woods and within a blink of the had sank his teeth into Shawn's neck.

In that moment, the Alpha and Beta jumped on a rogue and snapped his neck, but Shawn's limp body had already fallen to the ground, with blood oozing from his neck.

Max heard a loud pained scream and sobs. Not long after slumping next to Shawn's unresponsive body, did he realized, that it was his own screams and sobs.

 Not long after slumping next to Shawn's unresponsive body, did he realized, that it was his own screams and sobs