第一章/三喜伟

Sansan's POV

Sansan sighed, 'if only I can speak english properly this will never happend..' He thought, sulking to himself while dragging his heavy suitcase to his new room while trying to gather his thoughts that had been scattering literally everywhere since he step a foot in this foreign country, wait, what state it is again?

'London.' He thought. Every asian kid had heard about it. Old fashioned buildings that reached as far as the sky, tall foreigners wandering around, an old song about a London Bridge which every kid in asian know about and often sang it just because it were taught at their kindergarten, only when they grew up they realise how screwed up that song is.

His light steps finally reached the door of his room, he dreaded of what kind of person his roommate will be. He would pray for a goodluck, but he aren't one to believe such thing. So he touch a jade pendant on his chest, silently asking his ancestors for a guidance for his new and strange journey ahead.

Taking a deep breath to calm his chaotic mind, he finally grasped the cold metal handle of the wooden door, it seeped onto his skin like a poison, sucking every courage he managed to gather in just short period of time. 'Damn.' He thought. 'Why do westerns have to talk english? Why can't they just speak Mandarin?' Sending his curses to whoever had the worst idea to create different languages for every country, he finally stepped into the room with a tiny frown adorned his pale porcelain skin on his face.

A young, short barely passed as an a young adult just like him can be seen sitting cross legged on the bed. Sansan secretly kissing and bowing to his ancestors for his goodluck because he aren't sure if the dramas about a pretty and short guy getting bullied in television is true in western countries. It's bad enough that his family and friends always fuss over his beauty in his country, he doesn't need another one in his list while he's in foreign place too.

The short guy glanced to his way, before a smile light up his face like a christmass tree and he bounced from his bed like a spring that Sansan used to play with when he was a kid. "Ah, finally! I thought you got lost somewhere trying to find our room! Do you need a hand there? It look heavy... You can understand me right? You are an asian, so you must be chinese, right?"

The short guy sprouting a bunch of nonsense that Sansan unable to understand except a few words here and there, but it was too fast for him to caught it. Why do westerns always speak so fast as if they're rapping? Sansan's mind subconsciously complained of the absent of subtitle that always help him in netflix.

The next thing he know, his suitcase pratically ripped from his tiny hand and his roommate, a short guy with just about 5'4 height and pale brown hair and eyes gripped his hand and shook it as if he was trying to pull Sansan's hand out of his socket. 'Oh my god so they do shake hand like this!' Trying so hard not to pry his hand away, he gently pulled his hand away and shuffling his feet.

"Hello.. My name is San Xi Wei, I can understand little english." He said, trying to appear confident in his grammar despite his gnawing mind telling him there's indeed a mistake in his introduction.

"Uh... Hi San, I'm Felix Wood. Nice to meet you and you are free to ask for help if you need any.. I hope we can be friends." Felix hesitantly smiled after he saw how uncomfortable Sansan look towards him.

The two of them then fall into awkward silent that stretched into a minute after Sansan muttering a barely audible "Thank you." The silent is so unbearable to Felix because he generally a chatty guy, but he can tell his roommate is truly unable to make a fun company because he can't even understand what he's saying. So, with an awkward fake cough, Felix excused himself, saying something like 'I want to look around' to Sansan.

Sansan was then left with horrible and embarassing thoughts as his mind keep playing over and over their awkward introductions. 'Gosh, why do I have to ruin everything?!' He internally screamed.

How was it? Do anybody know this pain of having to speak lot of languages that you keep accidentally switched back to back? I always ALMOST called my mother (Emak, aka 'mother' in malay language) as mom. One time I slipped and luckily she doesn't realise it lol. Anyway, please vote if you find this chapter decent enough, thank you! 💜 votes will keep me eager to update my stories, so your vote is highly treasured.