第二章/Oliver Wood

Oliver's POV

Sweat dripping from my forehead and into my basketball jersey. But I didn't mind it, this is why I love basketball so much. It took me out of the stress of my school work- well, it doesn't solve it but it certainly provide me with an excuse of not getting a chance to complete it.

Don't take me the wrong way, I love school, I love my friends and I love to learn, but I hate homeworks. Why in the name of nine fires did we even have to do something so useless? We would forget about it the very next week anyway, I think it's better to have quizzes once every two weeks than a helluva lot of homework in a day that keep pilling with every single class you attend to.

The deafening cheers of the audience shook me out of my day dream. Huh, I didn't even notice we have such a lot of people gathering around us already. Not that it was a strange thing, we are pratically the backbone of this school. Without us, our school name might not be as popular as it is now. Yes, our school The Rosethorns Highschool is very popular with basketball in these recent years, of course, it was because of our hard work.

Smilling smugly, I tuck the ball into my arm and wave at the crowd while grinning from ear to ear, loving the support they gave us. My friend, Joshua smacked my back and says "Good game man, we pratically ace it up this time. Our rival doesn't even stand a chance." He threw his charming smile here and there, trying to calm the the crowd that had been disappointed the game had ended so soon but was excited to see our outstanding skills.

The coach blew his whistle, signalling the game ended and we jog back to him to hear anything he might point out and want us to take a note of. "Goodjob guys, you guys did your best and earn a good place this time. If this keep up, we might even earn a place to fight with other states too soon!" His old face beamed at us, clearly proud that we can achieve such thing at our young age. We chuckled, Coach Peach is just like a second father to us. His graying hair, his bloated stomach and his skin that would turn red due to sunburn earn him that nickname- Peach. Call it girly, but I think he was actually flattered of it.

After a few minutes discussing about our next strategy, he dismissed us to take a shower before we catch our bus to school and went home. We got into the changing room and I shook my dirty blonde hair, trying to dry the sweat while waiting for my classmate- Aaron to finish his shower.

"Hey man, did you hear?" Joshua called out to me while I was taking out my spare clothes for the shower. I turned out to him, waiting for him to finish whatever he was going to say.

"I heard James, one of our senior last year was throwing a party tomorrow night for us. You'd be coming right?" Joshua grinned, obviously trying to invite me so that the girls will flock around us like a hungry birds and he wilk certainly take an advantage to get laid that night. Joshua was after older girls, after all. He got such a weird type, if you ask me.

I shrugged, my mind relling trying to remember if I had a plan tomorrow, and luckily tomorrow is a weekend. My family usually only bother me with formal dinner and shopping on Friday and Sunday, meaning I was free tomorrow. Grinning I said "Yeah man, it had been a long time since I see that lucky guy, I wonder if he still rebellious as he used to be now he had been thrown into collage life." Joshua snickered when he recalled the old time when our seniors used to be so rebellious that they gave the teachers headaches. They are bad boys, but we aren't because we simply wanted the best for our team and we aren't interested over girls and petty titles in our highschool life.

Aaron come out and I quickly called dibs on the shower and clean myself as fast as I can because I wanted nothing more than just go home and rest. Hopefully my family doesn't bother with fancy or formal dinner tonight because I'm dead tired that I might just scare people away with my deadass looking eyes.

Im not so good at immitating a top but please vote if you think it was alright. Thank you! 💜