016: Sodden 3/4

The Sun the Sea and the Host Club! Part 3/4

~~~

Sodden:

Adjective.
Saturated with liquid, especially water; soaked through.

☁☂☁

The salty water burned Kem's eyes. He struggled to stay at the surface and to keep himself from having a panic attack in the ocean. The tide pushed his athletic body back and forth. 

At the top of the cliff, Haruhi stood there shaking slightly. "He-he can't swim," Haruhi said to the other hosts. "He's scared of the ocean; he always has been. He's probably going to have a panic attack and drown," Haruhi spoke quickly and frantically. Without another second wasted, the twins stopped trying to attack the two guys and jumped over the cliff. 

"Hikaru, Kaoru??" Tamaki shouted right as they leaped off the edge. The Hitachiin brothers landed with a splash and swam over to Kemuri's athletic form. 

"It's okay, Kem. We got you," Kaoru said reassuringly. The brothers led him back to shore. Once Kem made it away from the water, he fell onto his knees and breathed rapidly. He kept his eyes cast down out of slight embarrassment. He had expected the other's to be less caring about what had just happened, but he was wrong. Haruhi had kneeled down in front of him and placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Are you okay, Nii-san? Are you hurt? Are you going to have a panic attack?" Haruhi spoke quickly. She watched her brother with a worried expression.

"I... I'm okay," he muttered once is breathing slowed. Kem wrapped his arms around Haruhi's torso and tightly hugged her. "Be careful, Haruhi. I can't lose you too."

"Hey, you too," Haruhi responded. "I can't lose you either." The siblings pulled away from the embrace and Kem began talking to the group. 

"So, uh, what happened to those guys and the guests?" He still couldn't bring himself to look at them. The hosts glanced at each other. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" Tamaki spoke up first. Kem nodded and glanced at him for a second.

"I am, yeah," Kem answered. "It's-It's really not a big deal. It doesn't matter. Just a stupid fear, is all." Haruhi frowned and sighed softly. 

"It's not just a stupid fear, Kemuri. Everyone's scared of something. Plus, you almost drowned," Kaoru cut in and placed one hand on his knee and the other on Kem's shoulder. Kaoru nodded for a second and the hosts were silent. 

"So, what happened?" Kem asked softly and finally lifted his head to look at the others. 

"We've kept their ID cards, and respectfully asked them to leave," Kyoya explained. "The girls went back to the hotel.