02 - Breathless

02 - Breathless

I swiped around on my iPod looking for a song that reflected my mood, and I stopped at one that grabbed my attention. I hit play and listened to the lyrics.

I get so breathless, when you call my name. I've often wondered, do you feel the same? There's a chemistry, energy, a synchronicity when we're all alone. So don't tell me you can't see...

'Cause I've tried to do this right in your own time. I've been telling with my eyes, my heart's on fire. Why don't you realize? Tell me do you know? Tell me do you know? I get so breathless...

There he was. Being perfect.

"You know I used to have long hair. It would come to, like, here-" he gestured and inch or so from his ears, "-and people would braid it. It was actually really funny. And this one time..."

"Blue. No...Sky blue. No wait, piercing sky blue against a blotted sandy canvas. That's it." I thought as I looked up into his eyes.

"and yeah..." he concluded as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Well..that's kinda weird. Like, really I can't see you with long hair." I managed to get out a split second before he realized that I was staring at him and not looking at him. There is a difference.

Aiden was 6 foot ("..and half an inch!") which was good head sized taller than me. (A head is not much of a measurement unit, but make do with your imagination.) He had pale skin topped with sandy blonde hair and freckles. He was fairly lean and was not the most attractive person in the world, but wasn't the bad looking either. He was is in between attractive and the every-other-guy-look, but leaning towards fair looking.

He was smart, and funny, but awkward. I didn't mind the awkwardness part that much because I felt I could be the one to bring him out of his shell.

Our friendship was strange, in a way, because it had all started with a handshake.

"Hah, no." he had said rejecting my outstretched hand.

"Well okay! I didn't want to shake your hand anyway." I had sarcastically retorted. In reality of course I had wanted to meet him. That's why I had introduced myself and tried to shake his hand.

"Nah, I'm kidding." Outstretching his hand once more, he had given me a smirk.

"All right, let's start over." I chuckled.

"All right; Well, I'm Aiden."

°

That's really what started it all. He had joined marching band and that is how I got to know about him. He had just moved from some place no one had heard of, so I decided to introduce myself to him. He was vaguely introduced by the band director, but then I was only curious. Then I introduced myself and when he told me he was a junior, I was surprised. I was a sophomore and I hoped he was too, but then again there aren't many 6 1/2" sophomores out there...

°

It was 9:05 after our evening rehearsal for marching band when suddenly I felt a hand tap my shoulder, followed by a voice that caught me off guard.

"Hey, uh, Jessica said that you need to talk me?"

"Huh? Oh wait, yeah. Um..."

Shoot.

I had told Jessica earlier today if she could help me with my confession to Aiden. I didn't imagine that she would tell him the same day I asked for her help.

"So..." he wondered, rocking back on his heels.

"It's nothing that important. It's about something in our drill."

"Oh, about drill? Sure. What is it or what do you need help with?"

"Um, it's not that important. Listen, I gotta go. My mom's waiting for me. Tell you tomorrow?"

"Uh, yeah sure. See ya."

"See ya Aiden." I said with a smile.

I got home and threw myself on my bed.

What am I going to tell him? Should I actually tell him that I do like him? I mean he'd like shun me forever... wouldn't he?

[Author's Note: Well it's been three days since an update so here you go you (possibly) four readers.

"Blind " will be taken down when I ghosts the third chapter. I promise that poopy story will be deleted soon...

Side Note- song is 'Breathless' by Corinne Bailey Rae.

Thanks for reading.