So Close She Could Touch

(Listen while you read: "The Garden's Light" by Trevor Kowalski)

《...Solàna...》

I made my way to the path covered in light pink petals. The sun was shining so beautifully around me. This realm is so magical and breathtaking. I haven't felt this happy and content since I was a little girl. But that "familiar" feeling in my soul kept stirring. In fact, the further I walked into the forest, the stronger the feeling became.

"My love?"

My eyes widened as well as my smile once I heard that angelic soft voice.

"Hi! Is everything okay?"

"I think so...I just started feeling this immense amount of energy from not too far away and it feels like you."

I stopped in my tracks as I began to look all around me. Was she the "familiar" feeling I've been sensing?

"Am I...are we in the same place?"

"I feel you so much stronger than I usually do. You being here can be the only explanation for that. Where are you?"

"I'm in a forest with petals surrounding me."

"Oh my love! I know exactly where you are."

"Please don't leave where you are. I want to find you like you said I would. Just...keep talking to me. The clearness of your voice will guide me to where you are."

"I'll be happily waiting for you..."

I smiled beside myself as her and I continued to communicate to each other. It wasn't long until I came to a serene area of long grass growing by a small stream. I was about to take a step, but then my eyes set sights on a beautiful doe drinking water. When she had her fill, she gracefully sat by the stream.

I decided to take a small step so I wouldn't startle the creature. But what I saw next caused my entire body to freeze. The forest creature changed into her human form, and oh how beautiful she was. Her hair was long and bountiful in curls, their strands honey glazed. Her nose was slightly pointed, and her lips had a natural lift to them that made it appear like she was smiling. Her skin was flawless with addition to a few scattered beauty moles on her neck. And her antlers were even more captivating as they sat on her head like a crown.

 And her antlers were even more captivating as they sat on her head like a crown

My unexpected gasp caused the woman to look my way. It was when I saw those familiar hazel/green eyes that I knew...

"You finally found me," she uttered with a warm smile.