Chapter 12 - The Party

Stepping onto the grass of the garden, Fallon felt at peace for a moment, her girlfriend by her side. Everything seemed to be happening at a decent pace now, after everything that had happened in the last few days.

Alas the moment was brief. Fallon spotted Sam hurtling toward them at a remarkable speed.

"Fallon," he stated her name in recognition of her presence and kissed her lightly on the cheek,"Kirby."

He hugged them both for a split second and then began to speak again.

"Have you guys seen Steven?", he asked, seemingly impatient.

Fallon pondered for a second before saying,"No, I'm sorry Sam."

"Nah it's totally fine I'm sure he's around somewhere," Sam reassured himself as he strode purposely into a crowd of brightly clothes guests.

Fallon looked at Kirby and raised her eyebrows in such a manner that Kirby knew exactly what she meant. She knew it well.

"Yeah. Welp then," Kirby replied.

"I feel so awkward why do I feel so awkward," Fallon began, beginning to ramble.

She slid her palms over each other, fidgeting, and looked down in alarm, nearly yelping. Kirby noticed and narrowed her eyes into slits.

"You ok babe?"

Fallon continued to look down for a few moments and then looked up at Kirby who was still waiting on an answer.

"No!" Fallon replied after staring at her girlfriend for an abnormal amount of time, even for them, who took gazing into each others eyes as a hobby.

"I... am sWEATing," Fallon exclaimed through her teeth. She held her hands up, clenching and unclenching then as if it would magically solve the issue at hand... pun intended.

Kirby looked slightly alarmed and placed her hand reassuringly on Fallon's arm.

"Seriously, don't worry, nothing bad is gonna happen. Remember your speech from that campaign thingy you did last year?" Kirby was trying her hardest to calm her down.

Fallon had begun to look nauseous," What speech?! I went to at least 200 events in the spring alone!"

"Oh the one where you were like,'You are in control' and all that," Kirby looked hopeful.

"Oh my speech for troubled youths," Fallon was beginning to relax a little, her privileged tone had returned,"god the state of that place it was good thing they sent them all to that programme in Ukraine."

"Y- yeah that- that one yeah," she replied, pretending she was educated enough to know what she was on about.

Completely herself again, Fallon began flicking her hair out of her eyes every five seconds as she searched somewhat frantically for the open bar.

"Anddd she's back," Kirby giggled under her breath.

"Huh?" Fallon said half heartedly, still weaving her way through random people in drag in search of alcohol.

"Nothing babe," the red head denied, looking suspiciously at the ground, head tilted forward.

Suddenly Kirby felt a gust of air hurtle towards her. Knocking her back at a speed that might have caused it to fall off, she realised Fallon had pelted towards the bar.

As if chasing a two year old,
she reluctantly wandered over too.

"I'll have a Chardonnay," Fallon stated with angst.

The bar tender moved away to prepare her glass and Fallon grabbed hole of his arm, nearly digging her perfectly manicured nails into his flesh.

"and a Prosecco... and 5 shots of tequila," she basically snarled at him like a hungry wolf,"please."

She continued to hold onto him, her grip becoming firmer.

"Miss! My arm!" The man exclaimed in pain.

Seeing what was happening, Kirby came running over.

"Hey hey stop that!" She yelled.

Fallon flung her head around to face her and let go of him.

"Oh I'm sorry sir," she sighed, perching on a stool, slapping her sweaty hand on her forehead.

The man walked off cautiously, looking behind him at he went at the girl who had nearly dented him.

Kirby sat down on the stool beside her and took a breath.

"Jesus, girl you're crazy."

Fallon removed her hands from her face and looked at Kirby with her bottom lip stuck out.

"I don't know what I'm doing I don't know what's happening right now ahhhhh," she moaned.

"Fallon?" She heard a familiar voice.

Kirby made a face and motioned for Fallon to look behind her.

Turning around, she was expecting to see some annoying 'friend' from university or something.

What she didn't prepare for was -

"Monica," Fallon's voice was dripping with 'for gods sake',"shit."