Prologue

March 12th

It started with those murky clouds that drifted through the streets. You could think, Edd, maybe it's just another foggy day, nothing out of the particular. But those clouds were a deep black, and if you look through the 'clouds' you could pinpoint the moment the pedestrians stopped moving and stood stationary.

Then the news started doing a 24/7 tracing of that dark gas until they stopped airing it, and instead, the only thing you could watch is about updates from and about their leader. He hasn't shown his face but we already know who it is. At least, we think we know.

It's been about a week since it all happened, and we're trying to figure out how we're gonna get food and whatnot. Thank god every door and window in the apartment building was shut tight. Honestly, I'd hate to be a weird brainwashed zombie, then I'd never be able to draw or do anyt--

"You've already resorted to writing a fucking diary?" Tom interrupts me from writing because he's stupid. I stutter a bit in surprise, "I-It's just a log to keep up with things that happen! We might lose track of time--"

And then Matt interrupts me, because he's stupid. "No worries, I have a watch!" And Tom fires back saying "You broke it open and took the clock hands out just so you could kiss the picture of you inside it."

I sigh as they have their little dispute and turn on my phone and check social media just to see all the posts from people who live in the UK that I follow, friends, family, acquaintances, all with posts like scambot accounts about 'their leader'.

Tom lightly punches my arm, "Edd, careful how you use your phone, it can get tracked real easily,"

"Right," I pause for a moment, setting my phone down, "But... What are we gonna do? Wait for America to save our ass? Is World War III gonna start from this? This is insane!"

"PEWDIEPIE IS A ZOMBIE!!!" Matt yells, "Yeah, shut up, someone might hear us," Tom replies, "If we have to wait this out we will, we can try escaping over to Ireland, but I have a different, stupider idea,"

We turn our heads to Tom, "Let's fucking assassinate that commie bastard." While in shock I start with saying "No. We could die." "Edd, we've gone through multiple zombie apocalypses! We can do this!" Tom rebuttals back, but I'm not letting this fly.

"Oh, what, we just gonna suddenly find a gun with ammo and somehow find Tord and shoot him? Maybe it's not even him, point is, successfully assassinating someone who's brainwashed about the entirety of the UK is the most unrealistic scenario possible," And Tom, yet again, rebuttals back "And going to Hell, Atlantis, Space, and an ancient booby-trap-filled ruin conveniently underneath the old house isn't?"

I let silence fill the air and Matt breaks the silence "...Tom has a point," and he did.

I take a breath in and think for a moment before saying anything, "If that's what we're really gonna do, I hope you have a plan. And if you don't, we're gonna slowly migrate out of the UK, because we can't stay here." and he says "I'll come up with one," and part of me hopes he doesn't.

And that's when we heard distant whirring, like a helicopter maybe, and the TV switched on by itself.

~~~

Howdy, I hope you guys like the prologue, it's been a while since I've wrote anything Eddsworld related, I only have a loose idea of what this book is but I'll try not to drag it out too long!!! Okay bye have an epiiic day B^)