Five Friends

It was almost seven thirty P.M at Saddle Up Middle School. The sun was just starting to set on the large, perfectly symmetrical building. On this particular day, May 13th, was a Masquerade ball in the school library, that 6-8th could attend. Ruby, Krista, Heather, Ember, and Tehya, were all on their ways inside.

Ember wore a white dress, that switched to dark purple at the waist, and a matching mask with glitters and plant-like swirls, it had two feathers on the sides. Krista wore a dark black dress, with a small, thin line of green at the bottom, The mask she wore was quite detailed, hand crafted, it was mainly black with bits of green glitters and had little ears that resembled that of a feline. Heather wore a really light yellow dress, that dropped just a bit below her knees, and a matching butterfly mask. Tehya wore a dark red dress with all kinds of white and black patterns at the bottom, and a matching mask with many feathers. She wore her hair as usual, in a high ponytail. Ruby, On the other hand, wore a short, navy dress with a large, blue bow on the back, and her large socks with her boots. Her mask matched, resembling that of a canine.

The five pulled up in Krista's mother's van, All hopping out one by one. Ember, was the first to hop out, getting out and speeding to the front door under the large clock tower. She hopped up and down excitedly.

Heather and Tehya hopped out on the opposite side, speeding forward to catch up with Ember.

Looking at Ember through the window, Ruby muttered something. She looked down at her phone before her door was opened by Krista. "Best we hurry before Ember get lost." Smirked Krista. Ruby hopped out of the car, stumbling on what she thought was even ground. Krista waved to her mother through the window. "Bye Rubius!" She shouted, before turning out of the circle pull-in and out and down the long road to the highway.

Krista and Ruby slowly walked over to Ember and the others, opening the door to their school. The entrance of Saddle Up was quite fancy, it had two staircase to the upstairs, and in the middle was a balcony with a painted clydesdale in the colors purple and green, with the words "Saddle up!" The stairs had two halls underneath as well, but directly in front of them was a long hall with a huge window. Over that way was the theater, gym, and cafeteria.

The group walked up the left staircase, and to the Library.