A Masquerade

They opened the clear door and BAM. In a dark, dim, room, a sea of pubescent children, all in short dresses and bright feathered masks, taking selfies and screaming loudly. To the right, A long table, salsa, tacos, cake, punch, anything, you name it. The room was dark, only a few strobe lights, and the light over the food bowls was on.

Ember busted through the door, looking around frantically with a gasp, fascinated by everything and everyone. She sped off to the dance floor in a flash. Tehya tilted her hip. "Aaand, there goes Ember." She tuned to Heather who shouted. "Don't get lost!"

Ruby looked around the room, a shiver up her spine at the group of screaming children at the dance floor. She waided over to the corner, where the groups of chairs were. "Ugh. Why could I like- stay home?" Ruby groaned, sitting down on the soft sofa. Krista pointed a finger at Ruby "Heather wanted us all to be here, and you promised you would come." Heather walked by at that exact moment and looked at them, "I thought this dance would be the funnest one of the year." She hummed, before walking over to the food table

Ruby looked up,

"...Hey Krist-"

"No."

"Come on please."

"I'm not going to get your punch for you."

"I wasn't going to even ask that!"

Krista glared at Ruby, raising an eyebrow invisible through her mask, though Ruby knew it was there. She groaned. "Fiine. I'll get my own punch..." She turned to Krista, tugging her hand. "Your coming with me." Krista only rolled her eyes to her, but smirked slightly. "fiNE-"

They walked over to the food table, where Levi was handing out cheap plastic cups full of punch from the dollar store, and Ember was currently inhaling Tehya's cookies like a human vacuum. No one questioned. It's Ember. "Hey Benefield." Krista said,Grabbing two glasses for Ruby and herself. Ruby was... Giving Ember a glare, that Ember, Of course, did not catch. Krista handed it down to Ruby, who took a sip and her face turned sour. "This isn't puch.." She looked up at Krista, who was examining the orange liquid in the wine glass. "It's orange juice?" She looked up at Benefield with a confused look. He started to laugh. "Yeah, Tehya got the last of the grape punch." He pointed across the room, where Tehya was holding an entire bowl of purple punch and chugging it down. Ruby facepalmed at her choice of 'friends' and turned to Krista, who was holding back a laugh. "My god Tehya." Krista said under her breath. She turned back to Levi. "Thanks for the punch man." Krista said, before walking off with Ruby, who yanked Ember's arm with her. "Hey!" Ember said, her mouth full of chocolate chip cookie. Ruby shook her head at her, "Lets- Go sit down. It will be good for me and everyone here."

They walked back over to the couches in the corner, where Heather was sitting this time. Krista looked at her, Confused. "Where- How-" Heather only shrugged at her, leaning back onto the chair. Krista and Ember sat down, but Ruby got distracted by death starring Tehya, who was stumbling around the room with the collar of her red dress now stained purple from the punch.

Tehya stumbled her way over. "Heywahtyouguysdoingoverherrre?~" She said, muttering every letter of it. Krista, being the only one who understood Tehya's loopy gibberish, replied. "Just..Chilling?" Tehya started to laugh at nothing, before sitting onto the table. "Mmm." She hummed. "I'm sleepyy.." Heather tilted her head. "Maybe you should get some rest. Maybe we should go home before anything happens... I mean, to Tehya." Ruby smirked. "Yeah. Tehya's drunk and I want to leave anyways so lets-"