𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲: 𝗔𝘀 𝗜 𝗧𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗬𝗼𝘂 ✽

𝗳𝗲𝗹𝗶𝘅'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄

      𝓐s I make my way through the crowded airport, my mind is lost and I reminisce in thoughts of a better time. She hadn't responded to the letter that I sent two weeks ago. It seemed possible that she wouldn't want to see me, but ironically, all I wanted to do was see her.

Hyunjin snaps me out of my thoughts by putting his arm around my shoulders. "Felix, are you coming with us? I've thought it over and over again about what I wanted to do. Should I just go for it?

"No. I have to go do something I should've done a long time ago... I'll catch up with you guys later."

And then I ran—

Out of the airport.

Through the streets.

Four miles away.

To your doorstep.

Maybe it would've been smarter to ask my manager to give me a ride. I sit on the porch in an attempt to catch my breath.  I came all this way and I haven't even figured out what I want to say.

Suddenly, I hear the door behind me creak open. "Young man, are you lost?" An older woman steps out of the house and stands next to my currently hunched over body. She has a warm smile on her face that somewhat resembles Dani's.

"No." I stopped to clear my throat. "I-I came to look for Danielle."

"Ah, my granddaughter! She has lived at the university dorms for a while now. She stays here with me on the weekends."

I frown at the woman's statement. Why is our timing always off?

"Can I ask you a question though, young man?"

"Well sure." I nervously ruffle my hair.

"Are you the boy that my Dani has been writing to all this time?" She said this with a bright smile. I chuckle at her question knowing that she already knew. I give a small smile in return to confirm her suspicions. Either Dani's grandmother is a genius or I'm just too easy to read.

"Have a seat on the chair, son. Tell me about everything so I can help you. I'll have you know that I know my granddaughter better then she knows herself."

"Well, basically when we attended the same high school, Dani was my best friend, my only friend really. After months of us being inseparable, she confessed her feelings for me and I turned my back to her. I left the country without a word and that's when she began to send me those letters. I never responded to them until a few weeks ago. I wrote to Danielle and told her that I love her and I always have. She never wrote back—which I expected, but now it's led me all the way here."

"Wow, quite the story you've got there. Let me give you some advice, Felix is it? You did a good deed by coming here. Letters are very cute and 'aesthetic' as the kids say these days, but up close and personal is always the way to go. I won't waste too much of your time so I'm gonna give you the address to her university dorms and I'll call her and trick her into thinking she's gonna meet me instead of you. This is your only chance, Felix, so go get her."

"Thank you so much," I give her a hug to show my genuine appreciation. She laughs at me and quickly jots down the address on a note pad next to her. I thank the kind woman one last time and sprint to the bus stop. At this rate, I'll have no energy for tomorrow's show.

I waited patiently for the people in front of me to board the bus before getting on myself. To the University of Sydney, I go.

𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄
      𝓜y grandmother called me and told me to meet her outside my dorm which worries me because she'd never travel all the way here unless it was important. I wait and wait near the bus stop, assuming that's where she would arrive. The bus finally parks and one by one I watched each person exit, none of them being her. But then, unexpectedly there was a familiar face.

There are the brown eyes that I'd missed for the longest time.

The freckles I trained myself to never fall for again.

His luscious hair. His aura.

It's all here in front of me, a rush of emotions. He inches closer to me with every footstep and suddenly he was right in front of me. He grabs my hand and drops to his knees.

"Dani."

My eyes immediately start to tear up because I missed the sound of his voice so much. He held his head down and continued, "Dani, nothing could ever—ever help express how sorry I am for the way I treated you. I-I don't even know what got over me, maybe it's because I was running away from my feelings or maybe it's because I was scared but... when I read that you had gotten over me, my heart crumbled and that's when I knew. Danielle, I don't even like you. I didn't have to like you because I am truly, utterly in love with you."

I gasped and processed, or tried to at least, everything Felix just said. The tears now fall down my face at full force. What could I say? He stood up and embraced me. He held me and didn't let go as if the world was going to end. He mumbled into the crook of my neck, "please forgive me... please. I will do anything—you just name it, to prove your worth to me."

How do I know that this isn't an empty promise?

"But Felix, don't you have to go back to South Korea soon?"

"If it means that I get to be with you, I'll stay and do whatever it takes-"

"I don't want you to just drop everything for me. You have goals and you're chasing your dream, Felix. I'm not that important.

"But you are to me..." I pulled away from his arms and looked him directly into his eyes. It reminded me of a previous time.

"Felix Lee," I sigh as I know what's about to come will be hard for the both of us. "I love you too, more than you'll ever know but maybe now is not the time for us." I back away from him slowly, watch the tears build up in his eyes, yet simply— I walk away. I walked away like he once did to me.

But this time it was for the better. For us.

𝗡𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗣𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄 ~ 18 Hours Later

Stray Kids are performing their first concert in Australia to kick off their national tour. The members give it their all on stage while soaking up energy and good vibes from the crowd. Felix was broken on the inside, practically destroyed, but this is what he loves to do. Even a special person in the crowd can see that.

"You're in your element. How could I have possibly taken that away from you? As I Told You, Felix, I'll always love you."

t h e e n d

t h e  e n d

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙞 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 • 𝙡𝙚𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙭 ✔️ 🎉