chapter 14

The next day, all of the interns were up bright and early, gathered in the room where the helpline was ran

The next day, all of the interns were up bright and early, gathered in the room where the helpline was ran. Mary Jane bounced her knee up and down in anticipation. She was so gonna crush this.

"Good morning, welcome to the Google Helpline", Chetty began. Mary Jane turned her head to where Stuart was sitting next to her. She gave him two thumbs up, smiling brightly. 'You got this', she mouthed before logging in like Chetty instructed. "The Google Helpline is open... now!" With that, the phones immediately began ringing off the hook. Chetty took a seat.

"Hello, this is the Google Helpline. My name is Mary Jane and I will be assisting you today, how may I help you?"

"You're saying you're locked out of your gmail? Well the good news is..."

"But, I'm gonna play a hunch here. Delete all of your cookies. Did that work? Great!"

"Glad I could help", Mary Jane beamed, even though she knew the person couldn't hear her.

"The problem is, you probably have too many gmails open at the same time."

"It's not a problem! You're gonna click the gear icon, then settings, then advanced settings..."

"Yeah, you can actually have the same tabs open across all your devices!"

"So, the browser keeps opening windows, and you're telling me that's from Amazon?"

"You'll have to sign into Google Wallet and update your credit card expiration date."

"Well, the counter sync problem occurs when you switch time zones. Are you on vacation?"

"Your device probably isn't compatible with Google Play."

"Okay, see that box at the bottom of the window?", Mary Jane asked. "Great, click that twice for me."

"Time's up!", Chetty said. A few people finished their calls before everyone stopped talking. Well, except for Billy. He was doing more singing than talking.

"So soon?", Billy asked in surprise. "Man, i was just getting warmed up here!"

Everyone in Team Lyle shared high fives, proud of themselves for how well they performed in the event. "Please, submit your log files so that I may review your work later", Chetty instructed.

Mary Jane happily clicked the blue button. After their conversation last night, she and Stuart stayed up practically all night, helping each other out. He quizzed her while she gave him tips for handling the phone lines. If it wasn't for each other, they both might have failed. She made a mental note to thank him later.

"Happily, just click the blue button", Nick grinned, clicking his own button.

"Where's that at?", Billy asked, confused.

"Click the blue button, upper left", Nick instructed, pointing to the top of Billy's screen.

"Mine's not blue, mine's grey", Billy frowned. Mary Jane had a sinking feeling that this was going to be bad. The team turned to look at Billy, who kept trying to click his button, in worry. Everyone else's had worked, so that meant it was most likely something wrong on his part or with his computer. "Up in the corner? It won't work."