Subject 606 (Part one)

Tom's P.O.V

   I'm hot. I'm cold. My eyes are heavy. It's light. It is completely black then overly bright. My thoughts are scrambled, my mind is racing and my heart is pacing. Everything hurts, every inch of my body trembles. My uniform is ripped, leaving me cold. I can feel the all too familiar red liquid flowing out of my body. I look up, but of course, it does nothing. Either way, it's pitch black.
   I don't know how, but the communist bastard figured it out. I barely knew myself till a few years ago.

   I was walking downtown to pick up some cola when it randomly started pouring. The sky became dark, a group of ten men wearing some kind of red uniform ran past me. They were yelling orders at each other like they were looking for something. Something important, something deadly. Once I picked up 'Edd's addiction', I walked back to the house. But on my way out I noticed something purple, it was like a small light glowing in the alleyway. I cautiously stepped into the forbidding darkness. A boy stood before me, as I moved closer I could see his face.

  But that's the thing.

  He was faceless, his skin was purple and he had a dragon tail that kicked from left to right. It was like a monster out of a horror movie, I quickly began to inch back. The monster took a new form.

Me. Me when I was a kid.

I stopped. How was this even possible? I didn't know. I thought maybe I was drunk or something. An illusion possibly? But I knew that wasn't it. It was real, the next thing was even more unexpected. The monster, still looking exactly like me, started to cry. I couldn't help but feel like I had to do something. I remember when I was alone as a kid, left to cry by myself without any support.

   I had to some-what help this kid so I asked, "A-Are you okay?" He shook his head, tears still falling, "Uh-Whats your name?"

  "Subject 606, but the mean man calls me purple devil."

   "Okay, I'm Tom." I thought

   I'm sure Edd would be super excited to take care of this kid-thing-whatever until we find it's home. But not looking like this. Maybe it can change so it doesn't look so much like me. . .wait what did it I mean by Evil man?

  "What do you mean? Evil man?"

  More tears welled in his soul less eyes, "H-He's the real monster! He made me this way! "H-He-" We were interrupted by a pounding of footsteps, "They found me!" He cried, his body faded into a smokey midst, I was so transfixed in the cloud of purple I didn't notice how it swirled around my body.
      My hoodie flew at the whoosh of wind, my hair blew and the midst entered my body. I screamed in pain, images flooded my head, bloody weapons, guns, knives! Everything was dark, I could see one thing through the black that surrounded me. A mirror. I slowly walked up the screamed in terror. I looked at the monster I was. Horns shot out of the side of my head, I had one black eye, my skin was scaly and rough; my skin was purple! My clothes were torn and tattered. Suddenly a burning pain ran down my arm. I held my arm so tight I drew blood. Then I blacked out.

  When I awoke Edd was staring at me. He said when I didn't come back they went to find me, they said I was passed out in a bar. But I didn't step foot in a bar. I went along with the story, I was just drunk, it was a crazy dream, that's all. God, I wish that was the truth.        Later that year on Halloween some crazy witch girl knocked on our door, long story short, Edd and Matt almost killed each other. Honestly, it was kinda funny to watch, anyways, since they were being super loud in the middle of the night, it was three in the freaking morning! I felt rage come over me the smoke-filled my eyes, I heard a strange voice.
    Deep and gruff.
    When Edd got his superpowers, there was the voice again, I saw everything I was doing but it was like I had no control over my actions. It was weird! Then I realized. That was no dream. Later, once the others went to bed, I looked in my mirror.

    "Uh. . .purple Devil?" I don't know where that name came from, but my mind screamed to say it. Nothing happened, I sighed, "Guess I am crazy.."

    "Tommy?" A voice replied back, I flinched and stepped back. I looked around my room for a person, any person.

   Someone has to be pulling a prank!

    "W-Who said that?" I stuttered

    "I did. Don't you remember me?"

    "N-No. I-I'm just tired. Yeah, that's all. You're not real! This is crazy! I'm going crazy!"

     "Look in the mirror Tom, you'll see."

I feared what I might see, and when I turned around I jumped at my reflection. There again was the little boy, me, but he had monstrous features. The teeth, horns, tail, purple scaly skin. This was just like the dream I had!

   "No! Get out of my body! Your some-some kind of demon!"

   "You don't understand! The bad man will find me! He'll make me do bad things. He hurts me if I don't hurt people. I don't want to hurt people. Please, Mr.Tommy, you have to let me stay! Please! I don't want to be hurt..n-not again" The boy cried black tears, they stained his innocent face.

   "O-Okay..you can stay. But first, you have to explain. Just what the hell are you?" He laughed a bit, seeing him laugh made me smile. I didn't know what he was but he was still a kid. Monster or not, I just wanted the little guy to live better then I did growing up. I knew what it felt like to be treated like a monster, called a monster. Just because I had black eyes everyone seemed to think I was some spawn from hell. The school was hard, even walking on the streets people would throw me looks.

  "I don't remember anything. I remember a man who would beat me if I didn't listen. He called me his ultimate weapon. That's all I was to everyone."

  "So what are you? Because I'm pretty sure human isn't one of the things you are."

  "The evil man created me. I had a little bit of a human soul within me, but he twisted it. Cut it into a million pieces the stitched it back together with new pieces. I don't remember much, I just know I'm some kind of hellhound. They caged me up like it too.

   I sat down next to the mirror, a forced laugh escaped my lips, "Yeah I get it. They lock you up like some kind of freak. They treat you like an animal. If being different makes you a monster, I'd say humans are the crude, vicious, and violent animals."
      I thought of a time a group of bullies brought a cage to school. It was Christmas eve and we were having a concert, caroling, we practiced for hours. Before the concert started we had a quick recess. While everyone was on the playground socializing I was off to the corner blasting my music through my checkered headphones and writing down guitar notes and lyrics for a song I'd been working on. A group of four boys walked up to me.

     "What are you doing freak? Don't you know freaks can't sing?"

     "Don't you know freaks belong in a cage?" 

     "Yeah, we brought you a gift, freak."

      "Wanna see, its where freaks like you belong?"

   They smirked and grabbed my arms and legs as I squirmed to escape their grip. They took me to a small nook outside between two classrooms. They let me go and one of the threw an uppercut at me, I felt the blood drip to my mouth. They kicked me hard in the stomach then threw me into the metal contraption. The bell rand and they ran off to the concert. I was left there, trembling in the cold as it began to rain. I cried, but no one could hear me. I could hear the muffled sound of their singing.
   I was stuck there all night. I woke up on Christmas with dried blood on my face and bruises everywhere, still stuck in a stupid cage. Eventually, later in the afternoon, I was able to get it open.

  And that's how I spent Christmas.

  I hated Christmas.

  End of story.

  If I saw a tree, I'd have no hesitation to cover it up gasoline and wip out my lighter. 

My thoughts stopped at a loud bang that echoed through my room when I looked at the mirror, it was gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(To Be Continued...)