Chapter 10 - Erika

Lucas pressed his thumb into the bolt catch of the MK14 he held, moving his left hand up to the front of his rifle as the MH-6 helicopter carrying his team of 4 moved fast, a wrecked Belarus below them.

"Salihorsk is getting ripped apart down there." Rudy remarked.

Lucas shrugged. "Let's get in and out. Yeah?" He asked, to the positive response of his team.

Shouldering his rifle against the Multitarn BDU covering his shoulder, his right eye looked down the G33 magnifier and EXPS3 Eotech holographic sight, the helicopter slowing as he gently pulled at the trigger, firing suppressing shots at the doorway of a rooftop, the same one of the building they were going for.

"Stabilizing." The monotone voice of the pilot entered the crew's ears, as he heard Friedrich's signature M27 IAR fire off bursts of 5.56, Russian troops ducking, pinned into their positions.

"Pinned like butterflies on a corkboard." Rudy remarked, to a light chuckle from the entire team.

"Alright, Label 2-2 moving for touchdown." The pilot said, as the Little Bird continued it's movement, a UH-60 Blackhawk providing over watch.

The light helicopter touched down, as Rudy held a G28 DMR, sitting on the Blackhawk helicopter and providing sniper support.

"3, 2, 1, touchdown." The voice of the pilot returned as Lucas, Zach, Friedrich, and another team member, Heinrich, unclipped their harnesses, running roughly ten feet to cover.

Peeking out quickly, his finger 'melted' through the trigger, two rounds finding the chests of two unfortunate individuals who decided to move up, as they fell promptly.

"Move up!" Lucas shouted, the whole team firing one after the other for maximum suppression effect as Rudy picked off the rest.

Moving quickly, they got to the doorway and stacked up, sides of their bodies to the wall as they readied to blow the doors. Lucas pulled the pin on his 9 banger stun grenade, taking his fist and banging it on his helmet, a signal for Friedrich to step up and place a shape charge.

Then, he heard it. The chopping of a helicopter's blades.

"Be advised, hostile rotor wings have entered the air space. Label 2-3, get out." The voice of the operation's supervisor warned, as Rudy's bird evaded the missiles fired by an Mi-28 Havoc, before it turned towards Lucas's location.

"Get off the rooftop!" Zach shouted, as Lucas stared at the grey head of an unguided rocket going in his direction, the orange of the burning propellant reflecting in his blue eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas awoke in a cold sweat, his eyes opening quickly as he looked around, his head snapping in any direction to look for what was supposedly to kill him.

There was an eerie silence, as his eyes scanned his dark bedroom.

His hand patted the spot next to him, hoping to find the warmth of his girlfriend.

They found their comfort, his hands eagerly wrapping around her waist as he pulled her close, the warmth of her body welcoming his as the two fit like puzzle pieces.

Darjeeling jumped at the action, a bit startled as she awoke from her sleep to be taken away by Lucas's greedy arms.

"Lucas?! What happened? Bad dream?" She asked, an urgent and worried tone present in her voice, steadily overpowering the sound of tiredness.