Chapter 13 - Darjeeling/Erika

Darjeeling happily walked on Barkmann's school campus, a spring in her step as she walked toward's Lucas's classroom as she always did on Fridays.

Gently knocking on the door of where he normally taught tactical maneuvers until she informed him of his dismissal, she smiled at the door as she heard footsteps. The door opened as she looked at the person in front of her.

It wasn't Lucas.

Puzzled, she opened her mouth to speak. "Where'd Steyr be?" She asked, using his last name for the best chance at recognition.

"Ah, Steyr... Yes... He'll be gone for an unspecified amount of time for... Er, he told me you'd understand." The fill-in student-teacher informed.

Darjeeling's heart sank. He was off again. For an unknown amount of time in who-knows where, fighting.

She sighed. "Thank you. Excuse me for my interruption." Looking in the class, she also noticed the absence of Rudy, Zach, Friedrich, and Heinrich. Even Otto was gone.

She walked back through the hallways before beginning to walk home, it being in fairly close proximity to Barkmann as the schools had happened to be close to each other.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas's breath was heavy as he ran through the hallway of a house, the wall next to him bursting open as what he assumed to be some form of explosive detonated on the wall, creating a breach.

Taking cover behind another wall, he brought up his signature MK14 rifle now equipped with a Trijicon 4x ACOG and accompanying RMR sight on top, lining the horseshoe reticle of the sight up with one figure on a rooftop, firing a round and snapping his rifle to the man next to said figure, sending a solid shot of 7.62x51mm NATO into their chests as they fell.

"Otto! Get your team up the right side! That MG position is holding us down and my hands are tied until you clear the area!" He shouted, the communication device on his now tan plate carrier picking up his voice.

Dressed in black BDUs, sand stone colored vests, helmets and accessory equipment, one upon looking closely would notice the absence of German flag patches, names, and unit designations on his uniform.

"You got it boss! Lance! Spielmann! Up the right with me!" He heard through the earpiece as the teen lead a flanking assault on the DSHK heavy machine gun nest pinning his team down.

"Friedrich! Use that M27 and cover them for now! Rudy, get a position with the G28 and try and pick a few off. Zach, get the M320 loaded with phosphorous! Flush them out!" He shouted, referring to the grenade launcher on Zach's Adaptive Combat Rifle (ACR), the boy nodding as he pulled a white 40mm grenade shell from his vest. Shoving it in the launcher and firing, the chemicals and burning smoke enveloping the nest.

The men inside wheezed, pushing and climbing over each other to get out of the concrete coffin.

Rudy's G28 rifle precisely picked these men off, before Lucas heard the sound of three more rifles firing away.

Peeking through, he saw the position clear as Otto's men had taken up a new position.

"Area clear!" Otto shouted.

Snuggling the mic of his headset to his mouth, he checked in with Otto. "Alright, we'll move up. Then, we have to hold that courtyard for the next two days. Keep in mind we have no air support, so spare your rounds." He called out to everybody.

Setting up with Heinrich at a wall, he waited in the courtyard, surround by a state which had accompanying walls and stairways up to said sculpture.