Missed Call

Lying in his sweaty right palm was (Y/n)' s silver engagement ring.
~~
(Y/n's Pov)
~~

"DAMNIT!" I shouted as I hit my steering wheel.

"Fuckfuckfuckfuck!!!" I chanted as I had continued to beat the wheel, its honking probably raising questions as I drove down the highway in the downpour.

Deep down, I know I shouldn't be behind a wheel in the condition I'm in, but could you blame me? The love of my life just cheated on me. I had every right to blow off some steam. Not caring how I did it.

I furiously began to wipe my eyes of the bastard tears that had the nerve to block my vision as I drove.

I didn't exactly have a destination in mind, but as long as it was far from Katsuki, I don't fucking care.

I still can't believe I stayed in that house for as long as I did, knowing that something was definitely going on. But I chose to listen to my heart instead of my head.

You see where that got me?

I punched my steering wheel again before noticing the rain begin to come down harder. I reached for the windshield wipers that I stupidly forgot to cut on, then began moving around blindly to find it.

Upon reaching it, my hand seemed to phase through the knob, causing my hand to accidentally hit the door.

I groaned at the contact before cursing the door and gripping the wheel. I took my right hand and brought it towards my face to wipe my eyes, only to accidentally brush against my now probably bruised cheek.

I hissed at the contact and decided to just say 'Fuck it' as I gripped the wheel again.

'You need to calm down (Y/n). We're on thin ice right now.' I warned myself as I had begun to notice my grip on the wheel begin to weaken as they tried to faze through the material.

Taking a deep breathe I slowly cut on my windshield wipers and put my seatbelt on.

'Ok. Progress. See? I got this.' I encouraged myself. Mentally patting my back with a small look of accomplishment grazing my face.

I could still hear his voice. His deep, raspy voice screaming lies and pleas to defend himself from his wrong doings.

"Fucking asshole." I mumbled through grit teeth.

I reached for my purse in search for the phone I threw in there. I needed a distraction. Music would probably help right?

I slowly leaned over into the passengers seat for my purse and sifted through the essentials that lie within the expensive bag.

I then heard my bag begin to hum and vibrate. My phone was definitely in there and someone was calling. I prayed to whatever God was up there that it wasn't Katsuki. That was the reason I put my phone on vibrate in the first place.

Growing impatient, I began to hastily shuffled through the bag until I grasped the familiar rectangle.

Pulling it into my sweaty grasp, I then eyed the Caller ID. Relief flushed through my system at the name labelled above the picture.