Flamingo Slugs

(A/N) This will be mostly from Emma or Colyn's point of view. Kora might pop in sometimes. Italics are when Emma is using her telepathy.

The Shane gang raced through the streets, ducking occasionally as slugs flew over their heads.

"This was a really bad idea!" Eli yelled, ducking as a Hop Rock slug flew over his head.

"You think?" Trixie asked, changing their course to run into a smaller alley.

Emma glanced over the side of the building they were on, watching the four people run away from the people shooting magical creatures at them.

"What's going on?" Colyn wondered, glancing over the roof with her. "What's with that?"

"Dunno, should we help them?" Emma asked, glancing down at the tiny slugs surrounding her.

"Duck!" Colyn cried, pushing her down and absorbing the blast, a tiny orange, and white slug landing in his hand.

"Hey, that's one of the flamingo ones," Emma said, taking it from him.

"I don't get why they're called flamingo slugs, it makes no sense."

"Don't question it, that's what the kid was thinking when I show the slug to them. They were definitely thinking, 'hey, it's a flamingo slug!'"

"Emma, did you figure out how to make one of those blaster things?" Colyn wondered, glancing at the slugs around Emma's feet.

"I think I've figured enough out, I just hope it works." Emma held out her hand and a dark orange blaster formed in her hand. "Okay, let's see if this works." She bent over, one of the flamingo slugs hopping into the barrel of the blaster. She aimed for the leader of the group, then fired, falling backward from the recoil.

"Ouch, I was not prepared for the recoil, that's more powerful then most guns I've worked with." Emma stood up again, glancing at her handiwork. The flamingo slug had successfully transformed, lighting the leader's pants on fire.

"Let's go check on those people who were being chased," Colyn muttered, lifting into the air.

"Stay right here, I'll come back," Emma instructed the slugs. Each one nodded, but a flamingo and what Emma called a blastislug hopped up onto her shoulders. "Fine, I guess I'll take you as backup." She lifted into the air, chasing after Colyn, the blaster attached to her hip.

They found the Shane Gang catching their breath a few alleys away.

"Hi, are you guys okay?" Emma asked, coming out from the alley she'd landed in.

All four of them startled, the small purple one jumping behind the bigger blue one.

"Yeah, nothing the Shane Gang can't handle." The human male said. "Have you seen Junjie? Pale skin, black hair, wrist-mounted blasters?"

"One second," Emma said, scanning the city for telepathic signatures. "Um, yeah, he's a few blocks away. His bangs kinda stick up in the air, right?"

"Yeah, that's him. Who are you two?" The red-haired girl asked.

"I'm Emma, and this is my twin Colyn."

"Dude, I don't know how much longer we can afford to wait to set up an ambush." The blue one warned.

"Oh, that shouldn't be necessary," Colyn said wryly, glancing at his sister.

"Why?" The purple one asked. "How could you two have defeated enemies that forced the great Pronto to retreat?"

"Well, I lit his pants on fire with a flamingo slug," Emma explained.

"A what?" The human male asked.

"A flamingo slug," Emma said again, pointing to the small orange and white slug. "One of these. Isn't that what they're called?"

"No, they're called Flaringo slugs." The red-head corrected.

"Oh, my bad. I could've sworn they were called flamingo slugs. Oh well." Emma shrugged, petting the tiny slug. "So, who are you again?"

"We're the Shane Gang, this is Trixie--" the teen pointed to the red-head-- "Kord--" to the blue one this time-- "and Pronto."

"Oh, well, nice to meet you. What's your name?" Colyn asked, moving slightly in front of his sister.

"My name's Eli Shane."

"Cool, you say that like we're supposed to react to that," Emma commented.

"Cause he's the son of then Will Shane, a famous slugslinger," Trixie replied.

"A what now?" Colyn asked.

"Someone who slings slugs, dofus," Emma said, patting the blaster on her hip. "I guess that makes me a slugslinger."

"You guess?" Pronto asked skeptically. "This is not a guessing thing!"

"Um, sure," Emma replied, her hand going back up to continue petting the flaringo slug.

"What's in your arsenal?" Eli wondered, looking askance at her two slugs.

"Um, flamingos,"

"Flaringos," Colyn corrected immediately.

"Pop rocks, Grenades, and Blastislugs." Emma finished.

Eli blinked. "I have never heard of any of those breeds. The other one on your shoulder is a blastipede though."

"Oh, that's what they're called, I was wondering," Emma muttered, patting the blastipede's head. "They have no idea what their own species names are, so I can't really ask them."

Eli glanced at Colyn, who shrugged. "The slugs apparently think in English, so she can chat with them telepathically."

"What?" Trixie asked. "There aren't any slugs that can do that or people, come to think of it. I think we would've heard of you."

"We aren't from around here," Emma explained. "You guys call it the Surface."

"You're from the surface?" Eli asked a slightly startled expression.

"Yeah, I'm guessing you're like, the only other person from there?" Colyn asked.

"Something like that," Eli replied.

"Would you like me to go get your friend?" Emma asked.

"Um, okay?" Trixie replied.

Emma grinned, teleporting away. She appeared a few seconds later holding one of Junjie's wrists captive while he aimed his other wrist blaster at her. Colyn stepped between them, glaring at Junjie.

"What was that?" He asked, glaring at Eli.

"Um, she can teleport apparently," Eli replied. "And shoot flaringos to light people on fire."

"Well, I can light them on fire without a flamingo, but it's more fun to shoot a slug at them. And the slugs like being shot." Emma mused.

"I'm not even going to ask." Eli decided. He whistled, and a wolf looking mecha appeared a short time later.

"Cool, where are you guys going?" Emma wondered, watching the others call their mounts to them.

"Back home," Eli replied. "You coming with?"

"Sure, we'll follow you," Colyn said.

"But I need to go back and collect the other slugs," Emma said quickly. "And I'll follow behind, don't wait for me."

A chirp distracted her, and she spotted the small orange and yellow slug hopping towards Eli with a blue and yellow slug and a purple and white slug in tow.

"There you are Burpy," Eli said, scooping up the orange and yellow one. The blue and yellow slug hopped up on the mecha, disappearing into Eli's backpack.

"Is that a flamingo slug?"

Colyn sighed, facepalming. "No, Emma, it's not."

"Correct, Burpy is an Infurnus slug," Eli said.

"He really likes you," Emma commented, staring at the slug perched on Eli's shoulder.

(A/N) I guess that's an okay place to stop. Well, how'd you like the first chapter of my first Slugterra FanFic?