Ghouls

(A/N) Well, I decided to just do a thing like what happened with Tad, the introduction to Slugterra and all that, then end. Promise the evil thing will not be coming to pass. Emma and Colyn are too nice to become evil except when it's mind control.

"So, how much do you know about Slugterra?" Eli asked once they were all sitting on the couches at the hideout.

"Not much, really only what the slugs know, which isn't much," Emma admitted.

"I know as much as she does, but sometimes I'm a little less sure about it," Colyn added.

"You have so many," Emma commented, rubbing a few of the slug's heads.

"We've collected them over many missions," Pronto said. "With much help from Pronto, of course."

"Of course," Colyn muttered, rolling his eyes.

"You seem to know a lot about here," Emma commented. She frowned. "You have some seriously strong shields dude, like, the C's strong."

"What?" Eli asked, confused.

"Mental shields," Emma replied, pointing to her head. "I can't read your mind. I can read all of theirs, but not yours."

"Why do you want to read my mind?" Eli asked cautiously.

"Well, you seem to know quite a bit, I was hoping to learn more about Slugterra."

"I could just teach you," Eli offered. "We could start first thing tomorrow."

"Great!" Emma exclaimed.

"Just don't be surprised if we're up before you," Colyn warned.

"How early are you awake?" Eli asked skeptically.

"Slug energy has an effect on everything, and is essential to the health of the 99 caverns," Eli said.

"The 99 Caverns, you mean this place?" Emma asked, glancing around at the path they were traveling on.

"Yes, there is a fragile balance that must be maintained."

"And too many slugs is bad? Or rather, too much of a good thing?" Colyn wondered.

"Too much of a good thing," Eli confirmed. "Here's how normal people meet a slug." He crouched down next to a small hole in the ground, calling "hello, is anyone down there up for some fun?"

A little blue slug hopped out of the hole and up onto Eli's offered hand.

"What kind of slug is that?" Emma wondered. "I should probably get the names of the species of slugs, so I don't accidentally call them the wrong thing."

"This one's an Armashelt slug, heavy hitters, but not a lot of moves," Eli replied. "Hey little guy, want to help me show them what you can do?" The slug nodded, hopping into Eli's blaster. He raised his blaster, firing the slug.

Transforming, the slug knocked down one of the mushroom trees. "Cool," Emma said, grinning.

"Are all of the slugs this destructive?" Colyn asked worriedly.

"If you're that worried about my health," Emma began, "You could just say so."

"Well, I'm sorry if I'd prefer if you remained without a concussion," Colyn replied.

"You done bickering?" Eli asked, glancing at Burpy.

"Yeah, we're fine," Emma said, grinning widely at him.

"Uh, why don't you try?" Eli continued, gesturing to a nearby hole in the ground.

"You can go ahead Colyn," Emma said, turning her grin on him.

He made a face at her, sticking his tongue out at her. He crouched down next to the hole. "Hello, is anyone down there?" A small green slug with a cream belly poked its head out of the hole. "Hey, little guy," Colyn said softly, offering his hand. The little slug hopped up onto his hand, the little spikes on its head vibrating a little as it shook its head.

"Aww, it's adorable," Emma said, darting over to pet its tiny head.

"That's a Dirt Urchin, they're helpful when there are many enemies."

"Hey Colyn," Emma said, "you might actually have long range abilities now."

"Oh ha ha," Colyn replied, frowning at her.

Emma smiled innocently at him, flying up into the air when he swiped at her. "Hey, what kind of slugs are those?" She asked after a minute of hovering in the air.

"What?" Eli asked, moving in the direction she'd pointed.

"Those dark colored slugs. They don't look too nice."

Eli finally saw what she was talking about. "Those are Ghouled slugs, they are slugs that have been corrupted."

"Ugh, they're the most horrid creatures, can we fix them?" Emma wondered Colyn floated up into the air next to her, spotting the ghouls immediately.

"They look very mean, have those ones escaped from their slingers?" Colyn wondered.

"Yes, we need to capture them, then go back to the hideout and heal them with Doc," Eli commanded.

"How hard are they to catch?" Emma asked. "Also, can't I just go get Doc?"

"We don't know what teleporting does to more powerful slugs. No offense, but your slugs aren't very powerful, and even though your slugs teleported fine, I don't want to risk it." Eli replied,

"Junjie and his slugs teleported fine," Emma maintained.

"He wasn't carrying any of the Elemental slugs, I was carrying all of them. Doc is an Elemental slug, I don't want to risk it." Eli insisted, folding his arms.

Emma frowned. "Fine, So, how do we catch these ghouls?"

(A/N) Sorry for not updating yesterday, the power went out and I had lots of issues, so sorry! But it's up now. This'll probably end soon, so yeah, just be warned.