five

Lisa didn't want to read into how Jisoo held her face in her car. How amazing it had felt when she brushed her thumb over Lisa's skin. How much she had missed having someone touch her like that. How it looked like Jisoo wanted to kiss her. How she hadn't been able to think about anything else since.

She didn't want to think that Jisoo liked her because what if she was just being nice, being friendly and comforting Lisa when she thought she needed it? Lisa knew she could have been reading into it, she knew she liked Jisoo more than a friend, and that could easily make someone see things that weren't actually there. Ever since Lisa moved to the area, she had thought Jisoo was one of the prettiest girls she had ever seen. She never thought she'd ever get the chance to even speak to her, let alone become friends with her. What if Lisa risked everything by asking Jisoo if she felt the same way and it made her feel weird? She was accepting of who Lisa was, but maybe she wouldn't be so tolerant if she found out Lisa was crushing on her... hard. If she lost Jisoo, she would lose the only real friend she had in Seoul and it would be awful. Worse than awful. First and foremost, Jisoo was the best friend Lisa felt she's ever had. She'd never managed to be so herself around anyone before. She couldn't lose that, no matter how much she wished for more.

She couldn't get the thoughts out of her head even when her mom dragged her to the store. She pushed the cart around aimlessly as she pretended to listen to whatever nurse was pissing her mom off that week. Moving from a big hospital where she barely worked with the same people more than once a week to the one in Seoul where she was faced with the same people every single day she worked was apparently not as welcoming as she had imagined. She would start her OR rotation the next week though so hopefully she would find some common ground with someone there. Lisa knew her mom needed friends, she needed to feel like she was starting to fit in in town similar to how Lisa had felt when she befriended Jisoo.

"Hellooo?" Lisa shook the thoughts of Jsoo from her head as a hand waved in front of her face. "Anyone home, Legs?" Jiyoon chuckled as she pulled her hand back to rest on John's chest. Lisa's eyes shot to her mom who had obviously realized she was in a world of her own and hadn't been paying attention to anything she was saying. She scrunched up her eyebrows and gave her best apologetic smile before looking back at Jiyoon.

"Hey, Jiyoon!" Lisa forced a smile through the blush she knew was on her cheeks, although it was crazy to think she would know that she had just been thinking about Jiyoon's little sister, embarrassment shot through her. Jiyoon was still in the same clothes as she had been last night before only now she had John's jacket over her shoulders instead of her usual leather one. "Sorry, I was just..." Lisa didn't know how to finish that sentence without lying, so she just let the sentence trail off.

"Cool story..." Jiyoon quirked an eyebrow. "You want to come to Mel's? Chu has her first shift and we're gonna annoy the shit out of her the whole time!" Jiyoon shimmied her shoulders with a cheeky grin, John looked like he thought she was joking but knowing Jiyoon it was the absolute truth. Lisa had forgotten that Jisoo started work today, she didn't even mention it the night before or maybe she had and Lisa had been too busy staring and not actually listening.

"You mind?" Lisa turned to her mom as she placed a big bag of rice into the cart. She'd promised to help her carry the groceries inside but Lisa knew her mom was really happy that she was making friends. She shouldn't have used that to her advantage but she wanted to see Jisoo. She needed to figure out if Jisoo actually liked her or not and she wasn't going to manage that overthinking every interaction they had ever had since they became friends.

"No it's fine, just be back for dinner ok?" She held up a finger in Lisa's direction and gave her 'no nonsense' look that always made Lisa smirk. Her mom was on nightshifts for the next few days and so they had agreed to have dinner every night before she had to go into work. Jiyoon and John were waiting expectantly for Lisa to join them, already half turned away to leave the store. Lisa nodded furiously, wrapped her hand around the finger her mom still had pointed at her and shook it. "Have fun!"