(part 4)

For days the young curly-haired former officer paced the halls of the FLAG headquarters. Debate hung heavy upon her shoulders. She couldn’t stop thinking about the betrayal of trust and the loss of the boss she had once been close to.

In the back of her mind Bonnie’s words “project Kannon”  kept bugging her.

 What is project Kannon? Why does my God-father and Bonnie think I would be the perfect candidate? Could I trust them? Why wouldn’t I trust them? They are practically family…. I have to trust them…. I can’t watch my back twenty-four seven….

Entering the Knight Industries garage, AJ sheepishly approached Bonnie.

“I want to try my hand at project Kannon…. If that is okay with you…” AJ confessed.

 A smile stretched across the brunette mechanic’s face and she excitedly stated, “come with me.”

The curly-haired former agent followed the mechanic silently. Her mind was swarming with the endless possibilities that this “project Kannon” could cover. But nothing seemed to make sense.

 Bonnie brought her to a section of the garage where a curtain hung as a barricade around the mysterious project.

 “Now, AJ I am warning you that this project doesn’t have all the bugs fixed yet. It’s still in the very rough stages of development… but we think this project is perfect match for someone with your skills.” Bonnie hesitantly informed AJ. In reality she knew that Kannon had not taken to many of the other applicants considered for the project. He didn’t seem to be as good with communication and articulation of ideas as his older brothers and that concerned those who were involved in Kannon’s creation.  But Bonnie wasn’t about to give up on Kannon, not after all the work and time she, along with many others) devoted to his creation. 

 “Since Michael and I are currently involved in a case, Devon and Rc3 will become your mentors. I spoke with Rc3 and if you choose to accept this mission, he will be more than happy to start working with you at any time,” Bonnie continued, taking hold of the curtain and pulling it away from shiny Mediterranean-blue vehicle. AJ suppressed a stunned gasp as she studied Bonnie and the AI.

 “That looks like KITT!” AJ breathed in amazement, running her hand over it’s smooth shell.

 “AJ, meet Kannon. Kannon this is Alyssa Liberty, “ Bonnie proudly introduced the two.

“Hiya Kannon,” AJ timidly called.

 “Hello Alyssa, while I may resemble my brothers I am very much my own being,” he cordially returned.

 “I’m sorry,” AJ murmured feeling that she had unintentionally offended the vehicle. 

 “So, do you think you want to give Kannon a try?” The mechanic asked anxiously.

AJ cocked her head of curls to the side and deciding that working for FLAG was better than searching the classified for jobs, she answered, “I think so. I mean, if Kannon doesn’t mind….”

 “I suppose I can give Alyssa a try,” Kannon stated half-heartedly.  In all honesty, he didn’t trust humans that easily. His one driver had promised to return but instead of returning he tried to sale Kannon to a chemical testing plant and chop shop. He feared that the new girl, should he accept her as his driver, would leave him for something or someone better. But he’d never admit to having such concerns aloud.

The brunette mechanic chirped, “Great! I’ll inform Rc3 and Devon. Truthfully, I can not be more pleased!”

 “Bonnie? Do you think Rc3 can spare some time today?” The young curly-haired woman inquired, having grown tired of having nothing interesting to do.

 “I’ll ask him now,” Bonnie graciously offered.