Graduation

"And now presenting the Stanford class of 2015!" I heard.
"You ready to graduate?" My best friend Miley asked.
I replied"Yes! I'm so excited to start working at the most famous jewelry store in the state of..."
"Lilly?"
"Yeah?"
"You didn't yeep."
"Yeah... so...I don't always yeep when I'm excited."
"Yes Lilly, yes you do."
"FINE!"
"You're thinking about him aren't you?"
"I can't help it."
"Lilly..."
"Well is he here?"
"It's Oliver, of course he would come to our graduation."
"Are you sure? Things have been so weird since... well you know."
"You broke up with him because you never got to see him and he constantly chose his music over you and now you're engaged to his famous boss."
"Yes Miley that's what I meant by you know."
The speaker announced,"Miley Stewart!"
"Well that's my cue, gotta go." Miley said.
I couldn't help it. I looked to see if Oliver was there. I mean, of course I loved my fiancé. Travis was amazing. But, part of me was still clinging to Oliver. There he was, in the audience, right next to Travis. Wow, that's gotta be awkward. His boss who's also his ex girlfriend's fiancé, only a few inches away.
"Lillian Truscott." The so conveniently timed speaker announced.
Well that's my cue. I looked in the audience. My mom, my dad, Mr. Stewart, Miley's mamaw, Jackson, Travis and Oliver. I wanted to look in Travis's eyes. The love of my life. But I couldn't keep my eyes off Oliver. He looked amazing. His band was so successful. Ugh. I can't be saying that about another man when I'm supposed to be getting married in less than a year to an amazing successful music artist. Who just happens to be my ex's boss. It's ok, there's only 4 weeks left in the tour. Oliver and his band will find someone else to be the opening act of and all will be okay.
"And our final graduate in the Stanford class of 2015, Grayson Zyrtec."
The audience erupted in clapping.
"Now a hand for all of our 2015 graduates, do great things!"
Rounds of applause. You would think this was one of Miley or Oliver or Travis's concerts. Why am I so attracted to musicians?
"We're Stanford graduates, we're Stanford graduates!" Miley sang.
"Yeep!"
"Just think Lilly in a few short weeks, I'll be filming a movie with Zac Efron! And you'll be working as a financial adviser for a major jewelry company in Malibu! And then in less than a year, you'll be getting married to a rockstar!"
"Yeah it's perfect."
"C'mon Lilly, I know you miss him but you're engaged."
"You're right, I've never been this happy, I'm so happy the set of your movie is in Malibu."
"I know and we're going to be neighbors, only living a few houses away."
We both jumped in circles and screamed yay simultaneously like we did in high school. And I was happy, I really was, but you always wonder what if? But I have nothing to complain about, right? I'm still Lilly and he's still Oliver. We're just not Lilly and Oliver...anymore.