Prolouge

"Now that I know what I am without you you can't just leave me"

      I rested a gaze that represented true horror on Sal as he carved straight through his chest with the bloody knife he held. He smirked sadistically as he did so, as I stared in shock. Dropping the crimson coloured knife he fell to his knees.
     No!
I tried to run to him but it was like I was glued to the ground. Stuck in place. I couldn't move. All I could do was glare dully at him as his piercing red eyes stared into my soul as he grasped his splitting chest.

   "Larry! Wake..up!"
A familiar voice rang in my head as I flew up from the ground, panting. Sal flinched.
   "Sal..what's going on..?" I murmured as I could barely make out his cloudy dark red eyes gazing at me. Realizing, my eyes gaped wide open.
   "S-Sal! Your eyes! They're both..red!"
He nodded, frowning.
   "I had another nightmare.." he sighed. He sat cross legged in front of me, streaks of blue hair covering his scarred face.
   "Let me guess..you want me to sleep beside you again", I groaned, barely able to keep my eyes open as Sal nodded guiltily.
   "P-please?"
   "Oh Sal of course I will", I smiled as his face lit up.
   "Thank you"
I nodded as I slipped my phone out from beside me.
    "It's 3 am"
     "Just like usual", Sal shook muttered.
      "What? You always wake up at this time?" I rubbed my widening eyes as he laughed slowly.
      "It's the work of a demon"

      As I helped a weak Sal onto the bed, noting his bloody wrists as his sleeves draped down.
   Damn demon..always hurting him..I just want it to be gone already
      I climbed into bed next to him feeling blush arise from my cheeks as he curled up next to me. I closed my eyes and softly caressed his quivering back. He must've calmed down after that because his back stopped shaking after a few seconds.
      It was merely a few minutes later when Sal flew up from my arms, screaming.  My eyes gaped open as he began panting before sobbing and moaning. I was alarmed when he randomly started cackling and scratching his face with his sharp black nails as tears melted from his farther damaged face.
     "Stop, Sal! Stop!"
I yowled as I grabbed his wrists and tears formed in my eyes, pouring out like rain.
    "It's the work of a demon", I understood sadly but sternly as my glaring eyes burned into him sharply.
    He nodded, sadness also filling his shiny eyes.
    "I can't run away from myself..from this horrible demon lurking inside me..I'm a monster, Larry"
Sal covered his mouth in pure agony before digging his nails into his cheeks.
    "Stop talking like that"
I pressed my hands against his, stopping him. I blinked away my tears and gazed into his eyes.
   "Your not a monster..you're an angel..my angel", I side smiled softly. He smiled and blushed before turning away and frowning.
   "How can I be an angel..when I'm already a demon?"
He grinned while growling in a low voice that I didn't recognize..