Chapter 1 (sal pov)

"I wanna stay inside all day, I want the world to go away, I want blood guts and chocolate cake, I wanna be a real fake"

I remember it like it was yesterday. It all started when I moved to this town called Nockfell..the first day, for god's sake, I saw some kind of red eyed demon..the same bitch that is now possessing me. But that was only the first day. It was one week later. I was picking at my black painted nails, my back turned as sat in front of Larry's canvas.
I flinched as he came up from behind me, wrapping his strong arms around me. I sighed and smiled softly, pressing my hands against his on my chest.
"H-hey, you seem jumpy", he prompted awkwardly.
"Oh..um..no..I'm..fine..it's just.." I sigh, unable to find words to describe how I felt. "I feel sick", I admit, my smile fading.
He suddenly frowned. I blushed as he rested his head on my shoulder.
"Damn..that sucks, dude.." he muttered gently into my ear as I could feel his breath on my neck. My face turned even redder.
"Y-yea.."
I shifted my right hand to my head, wincing. He pulled me up and held onto me tight.
"Aw, dude..maybe you should go back to your room and..like..rest", he insisted, his expression showing a hidden bit of concern. I hesitated before blurting something out;
"N-no! I wanna stay with you!"
His eyes widened. I looked away and lowered my eyes.
"I mean..a-actually..you're right.." I sighed. He didn't reply. Just looked away and reluctantly parted hands with me as I stepped out of the door, shutting it behind me and groaning.

Later that night, I lied in my bed, thinking about what happened earlier. Everything was normal for the most part. Until..suddenly I started sweating intensely and panting heavily. I knew something was wrong. I wasn't just sick. There was something else.
I had a strange and terrifying sudden urge to cut myself, as unusual as it was, considering I never had suicidal thoughts. But..this was weird. It seemed like, I wasn't thinking it. But something else.
My chest hurt so bad I felt like tearing at it until it peeled open and the pain went away. I jumped up and screamed horrifically, grasping my heart.
My eyes rolled to the back of their sockets, and after that, all I saw was black.

When I woke up, I faintly noticed Larry and Todd standing in front of me. I blinked slowly. I could hear them murmuring to each other.
"Yea, he was acting weird earlier too.." I heard Larry mutter in a nervous tone to Todd. Todd rubbed his chin and raised one eyebrow, looking at me. Clearly he couldn't tell that I was awake. I was turned around, so he couldn't see my open eyes.
"He looks pale..and sick..but..it seems like..it's more than just an illness"
Todd shook his head and sighed.
"Wh-what do you mean?!" Larry cried. I slowly turned around to face the, before he could answer. Larry's pretty face lit up.
"S-Sal! You're finally awake!" He yowled happily, pulling me up and hugging me tight. I held his back and smiled. "You we're asleep forever! I was scared! I thought..you weren't gonna wake up.." Larry implied, relief and sorrow filling his beautiful eyes. I gently pulled away.
"N-no..I'm..I'm fine.." I insisted, looking away.
"Wait.."
Larry lowered his eyes and glared at me seriously before grabbing my face and turning it towards him. He stared at me sharply before he covered his mouth and his eyes gaped open.
"S-Sal! Your..your eye!"
"What? What happened?!" I cried. Todd gasped, taking a closer look at me.
"It appears.."

"Your eye is red.."