𝚝𝚎𝚗

SHE HAD HARDLY LEFT her bedroom since that night. flora had practically lived in bed, only getting up for food or to use the restroom. at this point, she was considering getting a mini fridge so she'd hardly ever have to leave. she had switched to online schooling, the ability of being able to stay in the own comfort of her home was only half of the reasoning.

her friends had called and texted multiple times, receiving short answers to none at all. the girls own mind was the only thing keeping her stuck in this rut. ever since she ended things with blake, she changed entirely. no longer was she the bubbly, charismatic girl everyone loved. no longer was she making stupid jokes and puns to her friends when she learned a new one. no longer was she so deeply in love that nothing else in the world mattered. she was heartbroken.

she never knew why she didn't cut off all contact with blake, perhaps it was a sort of satisfaction to see him pining after her again. but with each text flowing through from him every day since february eighth, her heart sunk lower and lower. she knew it wasn't healthy, but she couldn't help but read every one of them. she couldn't bring herself to block him. as she cried, her phone continued to ding, mostly from her friends talking about their day. they knew it helped her in a strange, twisted way. knowing others are happy makes her happy, but breaks her down even more at the same time.

it wasn't fair, she had concealed herself into her room while everyone else gets to go out and live freely. even blake, especially blake. of course, she was still a fan of the boys, so she kept up with them. every twitter notification, every instagram notification. they were currently preparing for tour with the vamps again, she knew that much. blake always looked happy, his beautiful smile plastered. the texts proved otherwise. her heart ached, wanting so much to just text him back. but she knew it'd end badly, she'd only get hurt again.

perhaps she had overreacted, maybe he had a logical reason to be kissing his ex girlfriend on his porch at twelve thirty in the morning. flora wondered how long would she feel this way, not wanting to take the pain and heartbreak any longer. each breath she took she wished was her last, each morning she woke up wishing she was dead. maybe then she'd stop hurting. maybe then the pain would subside and she'd finally be able to move on. that chance was highly unlikely, however. unless she made it that way.

she knew she had to cut ties with blake, that way she'd possibly be able to breathe correctly. with a sharp breath and tears pricking at her eyes, she turned on her phone. her lock screen was the same as it had been two months ago, a picture of her and blake at disneyland. they were staring at one another with wide smiles with the lights of the ferris wheel behind them. she stared at the picture, remembering the night it was taken. quickly, she opened her phone and went straight to blake's contact. flora squeezed her eyes closed before pressing the dreaded button.

she blocked him.