𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

HE KNOCKED A COUPLE of times, holding himself up on the doorframe of the sadly familiar front porch of his ex girlfriends house. blake, of course, was drunk off his ass with glitter ruffled in his hair. no noise came from inside the home, so he rang the doorbell. "i'm coming!" she yelled from inside, rushing down the stairs. no doubt she had expected it to be the pizza, as when she opened the door to a certain drunken dark haired boy she was surprised. flora hadn't seen him in months, and didn't expect to for much longer. the boy was an absolute mess, that was the first note she took when gazing at him. "what are you doing here?" she asked, in shock at how he still remembered her address. blake smiled, his eyes barely visible through the mop on his head. "i told you i was coming back for a little! i texted you!" his voice was cheery, but his words were definitely slurred. flora felt her heart drop farther than it had been. she had blocked him, but of course he didn't know. she wondered if he had continued to text her, how long he had been doing so. it was cold outside, flora staying behind the door to warm herself. she felt bad not inviting him in, especially in this weather. "blake, come in. sober up." she sighed.

he sat at the breakfast bar, drinking from a tall glass of water that flora has practically forced into his hands. he didn't want to get sober, his drunken daze was much too fun for him. he could say anything at the moment and not regret it until the morning, if he managed to remember. flora stood opposite him, washing the many dishes her parents had left behind. the silence was thick with tension between the two, but blake wasn't about to let that ruin his night. "i miss you." he said, staring into the cup of water he had barely even touched with a smile on his face. flora's heart raced, she had longed to hear those words physically for so long. but she wouldn't let her walls be broken down so easily. "yeah, it's been a while." she said, scrubbing a plate a bit too hard. blake shook his head. "no, that's not what i mean." he said, "i miss you, us. what we had." here come the water works. flora quickly turned, not wanting to look at him. he knew just how to make her weak and she wouldn't let him. the chair scraped against the floor, blakes drunken self stumbling his way towards the petite girl. his hands made their way to her hips, turning her around. she didn't dare look up, no matter how much she wanted to. "flower..." his voice was soft, the same tone of voice he'd use when she was upset. she hadn't heard that nickname in so long, it pained yet comforted her to hear it again. "can you look at me, please?" he asked, placing a hand on her cheek. with each second he spent staring at flora, blake could feel himself slowly become aware. that didn't stop him, though. he needed to talk to her. the girl looked up at him, her piercing blue eyes suddenly taking effect on his thought process. "i'm stupid, i know. i swear i don't know what i was thinking. but please, flora, i'm begging you. give me another chance." he said, holding onto the side of her face gently. her hair was soft still, her skin was delicate. blake glanced down to her lips, forcing himself not to kiss her. it would be wrong. flora looked away, knowing his eyes would only persuade her more. "blake..." she whispered, taking his hand off of her face. what was she meant to say? a million thoughts ran through the girls mind. finally, she spoke. except, it wasn't the response blake was hoping for. "let's get you to bed, you need some rest."