Chapter Three ~Jake

It was the eight week of auditions and Jake was getting annoyed. Some people were really good bakers but some of them, should be banned from the kitchen forever.

One day, in Kansas a guy presented them with mashed banana and a lemon on top of it. They couldn't even look at it, let alone eat it and he thought that Collin Silver would empty the dish on the man's head. There was also the Justin Bieber fan, who came with a cake that looked like Justin Bieber and his hair was made from bacon. Jake lost it when he saw the cake and started to laugh like a maniac. Even Silver, who was the worst at such food failings started to laugh while poor Morgan wanted to cry after the man went back with his "cake".

But, there were also many great creations. Complicated and, foreign recipes from countries like France, cakes with names like "Tiramisu Pavlova", "Funfetti Silver en Oreo Butter", "Porridge Cookies" or, his favorite, "S'mores Camping Cake". The last one wasn't just his favorite, it was everyone's favorite. Basically, it was a cake from chocolate layers and vanilla cream inside, but the decoration was perfect, it had chocolate hazelnut pirouettes on sides, green frosting made to look like grass on the top, graham crackers and one large marshmallow made to look like a cabin and a fire made from orange and red icing. It was a cake perfect for a picnic in the family or a small trip.

This continued around the country, from New York to Texas then to California and everywhere in between to find some of the best bakers the country had to offer, and they weren't disappointed.

Now they were on the plane back to from Michigan to New York. They had just another six states left to see: Maine, New Hampshire , Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut, but since those six states were small enough, they decided that the auditions for all of them will take place in Boston. But first, they were going to spend a few days in New York, home.

He had missed his home, his brother and even Annie and Ella. To be on this show had good parts and bad parts. He could see different kinds of baking, decorating and combining the ingredients. He learned a lot in the last eight weeks, from the people came on the show and presented them with their products or from Morgan and Silver. Which brought the bad parts of the show. Collin Silver was around 55 and was always angry or upset, he didn't like many things, always had to make the participants' lives harder by asking really complicated questions, and sometimes hated Jake. He didn't know why for sure, but if he had to guess, he would say that Collin Silver hated him because he was the youngest (and the female participants always liked to talk with him more than the others). On the other hand, he loved Morgan. She was always happy, she always spoke like he was on high gear, even after ten hours of filming and tasting cakes (those that didn't scare them away first). Sometimes his problem with Morgan was exactly that: she talked too much.

"Personally I liked the contestant that came with jello swirl cupcakes with jello buttercream icing. The combination between jello and normal cream was heaven on earth." She said about a woman who came at them with the cupcakes. He remembered them, their taste and the white and blue color the cupcakes and the frosting had.

"They were just that. Cupcakes. They had nothing special, Ms. Williams." Silver told her without any emotion on his face. The man didn't even look at her, he was too absorbed in his phone.

"I don't agree. Yes, she did not had a big decorated plate for presentation, but it was simple and good."

"What did you think Mr. Rogers?" Silver asked him, finally taking his eyes out of the phone and looking insistently at him.

"I think they were good. The proportions between the jello and the cream were equal, and that didn't it didn't change the color or the taste of the cupcakes, because it had a light flavor. If she would have put a little more jello the cupcakes would have changed and the fact that they didn't it's a good sign." He said while imagining the product and how it tasted.

Silver seemed happy enough with his answer because he just murmured a "Fine" and moved back to his phone.

"What was your favorite Jake?" Morgan asked him.

"Aside from the S'mores Camping cake?"

"Yes. Aside from that."

"Well, remember when we were in California and a girl around 20 brought us a gluten-free pineapple coconut cake with passionfruit curd & vanilla buttercream?"

"Oh yes!"

"Well that was my favorite. It was tropical and fruity, the cake itself was accentuated with roasted pineapple puree and coconut flour as well as desiccated coconut for texture. It was filled with thick layers of rich, tangy passionfruit curd. And of top of everything, it had a vanilla Italian meringue coats for the top and sides. The passionfruit and coconut were the stars there and not many people are going for such combinations."

"Oh yes. And the decoration had something special. Can you imagine how much time she spent on that cake?"

"She seemed pretty sure of herself and I think she knew from the start what she has to do and knows hows to do it."

"Yeah, maybe, but still, you need some experience with such cakes. Honestly I don't think she was an amateur."

"No she wasn't."Silver started to talk again. "I thought you knew who Bella Adams was."

"Should we?"

"Well yes, her father makes cakes for half of the Hollywood."

"Then I don't think we can accept her for later." Morgan said with regret in her voice.

"Oh we will."

"This show is for amateurs, Mr. Silver." Jake said finally adding to the conversation

"I think Roxanne can be pursued to accept someone else in her show. As long as she gets ratings and makes money."

"Watch your tongue Mr. Silver ." Roxanne appeared out of nowhere. "I'm here to tell you that we will arrive shortly in New York. Prepare for the landing. Oh, and Mr. Silver, I am not doing this show for ratings, fame or money." Roxanne told him in a harsh tone.

With that they ended their discussion and prepared for the landing. He couldn't wait to arrive home!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - The chapters may vary in length. I'm trying to find how long they should be and the sporadic updates don't really help much. sometimes I get carried away and it is still my first book so i hope you like it! Once again please let me know if you like it or not. Thank you, ~Liz