Rain Turned Into Rainbows-Celesgiri

Cars were zooming at the speed of lightning. The rain was hitting Kyoko's umbrella so hard, she assumed it would break. She chuckled on how dumb the thought was. She swept her alluring, lilac colored hair back, and kept walking, without breaking her stride. She had just solved another murder case and was going home for the day.

"It's been awhile." A voice said from behind Kyoko. A voice she hadn't heard in years...She turned around in shock and saw none other than Celestia Ludenberg. She smirked at the detective's sudden shock and nudged her in the arm. 

"You didn't forget me, did you?" She asked in a very matter of fact tone.

Damn her poker face.

"How could I have possibly forgotten?" The Detective said sarcastically, smiling back at Celeste. They had been best friends at Hope's Peak Academy and had both graduated alongside everyone else in that class. Celestia had always had Kyoko's back, like when she and Naegi broke up Celeste was there. Same with Kyoko. They'd both do anything and everything for each other. They were friends, after all. Just friends.Celeste hadn't aged a bit. She had the same glowing look in her eyes she had 6 years ago, the curious glow Kyoko had loved. Celeste smelled like cigarettes and rosemary, she had probably been gambling again. As always. 

"Ah, Kyoko..." Celeste began, "You remember graduation, no?" She said in her gorgeous accent, the accent that gave Kyoko butterflies.

"Yes," Kyoko responded, "We had graduated, and you grabbed my hands in looked me in the eyes and said, 'Kyoko, we'll meet again one day. Promise? And I nodded in response, and began crying as we hugged to say our final good-byes." 

"Right..." She said, very softly and sweetly, recalling the calming memory she was fond of. "It's no big surprise to me that things turned out this way." She added with a frown, "Our lives are on very different paths, I knew our relationship wouldn't work out."

"Relationship...?" Kirigiri said slowly and turned around to look Celeste in the eyes.

"Yes, we'd kiss and flirt. Isn't that considered a relationship?" Asked Celeste as she stroked her cheek fondly remembering the kiss.

Kyoko shook her head and frowned. "I pray you never know how you playing with my mind made me feel. Celeste, I had fallen for you and to you, it was just a game. My feelings were just a mere source of entertainment for you. You never cared about me." Kyoko said very coldly.

Day after day, year after year, Celeste never said anything for her affection for Kyoko."I-I really loved you Kyoko, I really, really did."

Then, she and Kyoko exchanged expressions. "Then why....I'd never had a chance anyway, you've made extremely obvious to me."

"Lies." Replied the Gambler, "You once did."

"How so?" replied the Detective in a sarcastic, yet curious tone.

"Do you remember when you and Naegi broke up?" questioned Celeste. Kyoko cringed at the memory... Naegi had left her for the pop sensation, Sayaka Maizono. The girl who seemed to out do Kyoko in every way, except intellegance, of course, but that wasn't important to men. 

"Yes..." replied an uncomfortable Kyoko as she tugged on her glove.

 "I was there for you, Kyoko. I loved you. I didn't dare admit it though. I would have suffered in silence and still be friends more then risk being rejected and being hated by you." Said Celeste. It was very out of character for her to be so honest. Maybe, she turned over a new leaf?

"Look, the rain stopped. I think I see a rainbow over the horrizon over there." Said Kyoko as she pointed at the colorful strip of lines. Celeste moved closer to her, even though they didn't need to share an umbrella anymore. She held Kyoko's hand, and their fingers intertwined. 

"Maybe it's a sign." Said Celeste in a dreamy tone as she rested her head on Kyoko's shoulder. 

"Yes, Perhaps it is." Kyoko responded, blushing as she smiled into the sky to admire the rainbow.