Transfer Student-Celesgiri

As pencils tapped and murmurs were heard throughout the room, Kyoko fidgeted with her pencil. Today had felt abnormally long, because of all the school drama.

 Kyoko loathed drama, she saw it as a cheap excuse for fighting; which really shed light on how immature everyone was. It made her angry how instead of being rational and trying to fix the issue, people would simply ignore or bully one another. But, this was only her opinion anyways. People seem to enjoy drama as much as Aoi Asahina enjoys donuts.

Today was no ordinary day, besides the current drama with Sayaka,Leon and Naegi... A new transfer student had arrived at Hope's Peak. Everyone was very curious and excited to meet this new student, but Kyoko didn't care too much. It wasn't of her concern, after all. According to Kyoko, why should she bother to care about things that didn't matter or effect her? 

A slight knocking was heard from the door, Kyoko glanced back to see Aoi smiling at her and motioning for her to smile too. The door opened, then everyone's faces went blank. In stepped a tall, petite, girl obviously into Victorian Era fashion. She smiled as she seemed to glide across the room, as all we could hear was the robotic clicking of her high-heels.

"Class," The teacher chimed, waiting for all the whispering to stop, "We have a new student starting today, and I'd like you all to listen to her introduce herself." And with that the teacher sat down, and nodded at the girl with encouragement as she began to speak.

"Greetings," She began, while playing with her coal black hair. "My name is Celestia Ludenberg, however, you may also call me Celeste. I'm the Ultimate Gambler, and I come from Europe. It is my pleasure to meet you all and I hope we can get along." She said, while smiling at the class. The teacher smiled, then motioned for her to sit next to Kyoko. Kyoko raised an eyebrow at the teacher as Celestia walked over. 

"You're the Ultimate Gambler, huh?!? That's super cool!" Said an enthusiaistic Aoi, "I'm so excited to meet you! I already know we'll get along~"

Celestia looked surprised, but her being surprised quickly changed into a smile. She smiled and nodded and faced back to the Smart Board where the teacher was going on about Geometry.

Kyoko gazed at the Gambler, in a trance by her every movement. Something about her seemed interesting, maybe it was the fact that she was from Europe? Kyoko didn't believe that though... she looked like she was of Japanese decent. Kyoko decided she'd look threw her files after school hours. She had access to all the files, because her father, Jin Kirigiri, was the school's headmaster.

The day seemed to fly by quickly, and the bell soon rang for dismissal. Everyone raced out of the classroom like their lives depended on it. Not Kyoko though, after all the ruckus calmed down she began to walk her way down to her father's office. She typed in the password on the keypad in order to grant herself access to the file room.

After a solid half an hour of searching, Kyoko found it. But... her name didn't quite match even though the photo of her did. Her name was titled "Taeko Yashiro" instead of "Celestia Ludenberg." It said she was from Japan, and some of her family background was not as she made it seem...Celestia made it seem like she was the daughter of wealthy European Nobles when in actuality, she was a common girl with a knack for Gambling. 

"Don't judge a book by it's cover," said Kyoko to herself out loud as she rubbed her temples. She regretted learning this information, because the search wasn't worth the find. 

She closed the door to the headmasters office, and began to walk toward the school's exit. It was starting to get late.....

"C'mon, Makoto-San, you'd be an amazing opponent." Said a voice from behind a classroom door.

"No need to add "San", You can just say Makoto... And I'm not sure you'd like to waste your time gambling against me.. Plus, even though I'm SHSL Luck, I'm not really lucky." Said another voice with an awkward laugh.

"I'm not giving up, Makoto. I am absolutely fixated on Gambling with you and nothing will convince me otherwise."

"Fine.But no betting real money."

"Deal." 

Kyoko then stepped into the classroom, curiousity getting the best of her, and approached Celestia and Makoto. 

"I couldn't help but overhear you two.. is it ok if I watch?" Questioned Kyoko.

"Absolutely," Said Celestia with a smile, Kyoko blushed and Makoto raised an eyebrow. 

Celestia than cleared her throat, "Shall we begin?"

"Y-yeah," stuttered Makoto as he shuffled the poker cards and started distributing them.

The game soon began to get heated, but it didn't take very long for Celestia to prevail, "Royal Flush! An Ace of diamonds, King, Queen, Joker, and a 10. Looks like I win, Makoto. Thanks for playing with me I really enjoyed the match."

Makoto nodded and shook her hand. He looked at the clock which read to say 5:00pm. "It's getting late.. I think I'll start to head to my dorm. I'll see you two tomorrow!" Said a smiling Naegi as he headed out the classroom door, leaving Celeste and I alone.

"Impressive," Said Kyoko, as she watched Celeste shuffle the cards and slip them back into a box.

"Not impressive, are you suggesting by using such a word that you didn't expect as much from me?" Said Celeste, their eyes meeting after the question.

"Possibly." Said Kyoko, with a slight smirk. "But, if you can successfully convince people you're European, you'd probably be able to successfully gamble against SHSL Luck."

Celeste bit her lip, then raised an eyebrow, "I am European.?"

"Just like how your name is Celeste?"

Celestia got quiet, and didn't say anything. Then, her being nervous changed to flirtation.

"How'd you know that? You took the time to look threw my files?" Said a smirking Celeste, getting closer to Kirigiri as she put her pale hand on Kyoko's chin.

Kyoko blushed, then stepped backwards, "Maybe I did. So what?"

Celeste chuckled, "You're really cute, y'know that, right Kyoko?"

Before Kyoko could respond, Celeste's lips touched, and brushed against Kyoko's a few times, breath fanning across each others' faces. Each waiting for the other to make a move. They lingered, with their eyes closed both trying to process what just happened. Did this even really just happen? Neither believed it. 

Celestia strutted toward the door, and kept hold of the door knob. Before opening it, she smiled at Kyoko, "Cya in class tomorrow." Then the door shut. Kyoko was paralyzed as she listened to the robotic clicking noises of Celeste's red heels slowly fade away. Kyoko was as red as a tomato she was so embarrassed, she was even more embarrassed that she liked  it. Yet, if she could go back in time she would gladly repeat that kiss again.

Author's Note: OOF I'm sorry I didn't write in a few months... My only excuse is that I've been lazy. But now I'll try to keep up more with updating my one-shots weekly.

Word Count: 1203