two

~?~

Strolling through the hallways, I let the murmur of students wrap around me; hiding me from anyone who wanted to approach me. The classrooms zip past as my feet involuntarily carry me to a withdrawn area.

I focus on the steady rhythm of my feet moving one in front of the other; mind going into overdrive.

My grip tightens around the books that were clutched against my side. Brows furrowing, I pinched the bridge of my nose gently; deep in thought.

I had never felt so skittish in public places like now; it was as if I couldn't even handle a small interaction. Just like the boy with the rich coffee-colored eyes. Something about him had immersed my mind in a fascination.

The boy had looked innocent and had a calm and comforting atmosphere that encompassed his presence. It was welcoming, but wasn't that always supposed to be a trap where the fuckboy tried to catch you and control you?

But something about the gorgeous boy didn't scream out playboy, but more of the friendly type of person.

Focus (Y/N)! The priority here is to make a somewhat decent impression towards the people here. Especially seniors.

...

The sun was drowning behind the scattered buildings in the city. The street lights were slowly turning on one by one as if my presence alerted them. Tiny businesses were closing up for the night, leaving rickety bars as coverage at the storefronts. The sidewalk was dark from the rain that preceded dawn.

Today was Tuesday, the second Tuesday of college. The day started dulling after the burden of homework started drifting into my thoughts. I sighed as I trudged home, dragging my beaten sneakers against the damp pavement.

I hadn't thought about how monotonous it would be without anyone at home. Seoul was a new place, and I was trying to adjust to its hustle and population. The thought of loneliness or even social standing hadn't crossed my brain until now.

I guess I already committed social suicide. Alone at the lunch table, again.

It was a risky game to play; all alone.

At least back in L.A., I had friends who cared about me. I didn't have freedom, yes, but I had parents. I had people that supported me. If I was a citizen there, I'm a nothing here.

But maybe now that I have freedom, I could do what I please. Let my blood go wild, let my feet carry me as far as they can. Point is, I have the opportunity to lead a wild, new life here.

I clutch one strap that was weighing me down, letting the other strap slip off my shoulder lazily. I let my feet start tapping a slow rhythm along the sidewalk. I focus on it, trying to think about the present, not the future.

The breeze flows through my hair, ruffling the little strands that I had neatly tucked behind my ears. I felt comfortable walking in the weather; it was like the coldest Los Angeles would get during the winter. The weather was not too hot or cold; just right to go on a morning jog yet not be reluctant to even step foot outside.

Sighing, I let my memories flood back into my brain. I missed my friends, I missed my family. I missed everything.

What they say is true, one incident creates a long-lasting effect forever.

Looking up, I noticed that I had reached the gates of my dainty apartment. I stretched my hand over the rusty gate, fiddling my fingers until they caught the lock. At contact, I flinched at the feeling of crustiness at my finger. I pull the latch that unhitched it and gently open the ancient gate with a creak, not caring to close it; anyone could open it.