three

~?~

"Don't lie (Y/N). It's not worth it."

I lean against the wall in shock, not knowing how to reply. Steadily, I take one step forward crossing my arms, trying to look less intimidated.

Furrowing my brows, I purse my lips in confusion. I search his gaze to only see an icy glare glowering back at me. But his eyes were flickering with another emotion; relief?

"I'll ask you again. Who are you?" This time, the boy growled lowly

"How do you know my name?" the words flew out of my mouth automatically. I immediately regretted my action as I saw the look on his face. He looked slightly hurt, but mostly...sad? It was as if a part of myself was reflected in his eyes, sadness. Raw sadness. The sadness of missing a loved one. Easy to tell; I've been there before.

His cat eyes...beautiful like the sunset and cunning like a panther's. It just made him pretty boy two. And pretty faces hide the wickedest secrets.

But what could make him feel like that? I don't even know him. What could I even have to do with him?

But as I looked again, it was immediately smothered to a poker face as if it had never existed.

He wants it cold, I'm more than glad to play his game.

"Lie how, punk?" I say in response as bitterly as I could muster.

Tilting my chin up, I quietly slipped my hands into my pocket to wipe away the evident sweat on my hands, but also to assure that my pocketknife still remained snuggly in my windbreaker.

Making a fool of myself wasn't an option unless I wanted to commit social suicide. News travels fast, especially in cities like Seoul. How do I know?

Experience. Dead hard experience.

As he sensed I was lost in thought, the boy lunged at me in a blur and jerked my sleeve. I staggered forward as he dragged me out of the shade, his fingers wrapped around my synthetic material sleeve.

"He-mppphhhh!"

My mouth was instantly covered as he pulled me away from the niche and out on the streets. I could feel his soft fingers pressed up against my lips, shushing me.

It was done expertly as if he had trained to do it.

He gingerly let go of me and stood there, his hands casually shoved in his pockets. He tilted his head at me, expecting a reaction.

"I just thought you could see me better under this light," he smirked cheekily as if he was trying to play off his uncalled for actions.

I finally see him in full light—I could see him clearly.

"What the hell?" I yelled out exasperatedly at his unjustifiable actions.

But seeing him only made me wonder more, why was I feeling deja vu? The soft and pale skin, plump lips, feline eyes; everything.

"Surprise?" he chuckled smugly, his fingers passing through his hair in almost a cocky way. He winked at me, his eyes twinkling like stars. It was friendly, even familiar.

As I glanced at him more, I noticed that his mild auburn hair was noticeably parted in the middle, his locks slightly hanging to the side. Ruffling it only made him look better honestly.

Snapping back into reality, I attempted to clear my head and focus on the prevalent situation in front of me.

"What the fuck." I spat, not out of disgust but confusion "I don't even know you."