Most Likely To Need Liquid Confidence

Song Used: Wanted - Hunter Hayes

August 25, 2016

Weddings have always been a sore spot for Chloe. Maybe it's because whenever she goes to one, she thinks back to a time when she thought she and Beca would be the ones standing at the altar, exchanging rings and vowing to stay together for the rest of their lives.

The high school kids weren't joking at the time when they thought Beca and Chloe were the most likely to be married, because for the longest time, Chloe thought they were, too.
___

"What are your thoughts on marriage?" Chloe asks as she and Beca walk hand in hand to Beca's car in the parking lot.

"Where did that come from?" Beca asks, turning to look at her girlfriend.

"I don't know, just a random thought." Chloe shrugs it off.

"I think that right now, we're too young." Beca replies honestly, smiling at Chloe. She leans forward and kisses her on the cheek. "But I'm not ruling it out. I love you, Chlo. And one day, I hope I'll be able to wake up next to you and say, 'that's my wife'."

"Really?"

"Of course, babe. I mean, I think I'll always love you like that... Unconditionally." Beca reassures. "Even if we don't make it in high school... I'm pretty sure I'd never stop trying to prove how much I love you."
___

And over the last month and a half since Beca had watched Cassidy for the weekend, those thoughts had been weighing heavily on Chloe. Beca had done exactly what she said she would back in Atlanta three months ago. She had been there for Cassidy, picking her up from school, helping her with her homework, and had attended every soccer game until the season ended, ultimately prepping Cassidy for basketball in the fall. Everything changed after Beca had come to Chloe asking for parental rights, and Chloe couldn't have been happier with their decision to both be able to raise Cassidy the right way, despite their situation.

Which is what made this occasion so bittersweet. Beca, Chloe, Aubrey, and Stacie were all at Spencer and Ashley's wedding. Since Stacie and Aubrey had agreed to go as each other's date, Beca had asked Chloe to go as her strictly platonic date. But platonic was the last thing on Chloe's mind as they sat through the ceremony.

Chloe couldn't help herself, she constantly stole glances at Beca who had been tearing up at the sight of her assistant and one of her best friends getting married. And Chloe was, too. Although, she was getting teary-eyed for a completely different reason; the feeling that this could have been her and Beca up there had seeped into her mind.

Currently, they were at the reception and Chloe listened intently as Spencer and Ashley shared their stories with the audience.

"I remember," Spencer said into the microphone, "a time back in high school when Ashley and I broke up over her ex. It absolutely devastated me. I started dating someone else after we had broken up, mainly to get back at Ashley, and it caused a lot more drama than I care to admit. I felt abandoned and hurt, but Ashley didn't give up. My mom and I never had a good relationship when it came to my sexuality, but one day... One day, even after all the horrible things I had said about Ashley, she had convinced my mom to join my dad and me at Pride. That gesture alone made me realize that no matter what someone does, no matter how much they break your heart; their love and devotion is redeemable. Ashley proved herself to me, and after all of that time that she still cared and that being with me was all she wanted. Forgiveness and trust may seem so difficult, but when you're staring at the one you love, it doesn't seem all that hard."