Injury

I only need three words to discribe these two characters: friends with benefits.

"Fuck..." I removed my hand from my abdomen for a few seconds, looking at the blood that covered it. I breathed heavily as I lifted my head, watching the fight.

My partner hadn't noticed I was down until she had weakened her opponent.

"JASON!" she screamed, rushing towards me and kneeling near to me. I groaned a bit as she gently took my hand off of my injury.

"Oh, Lucifer.. We should have been more careful..." She put her hand over her mouth as she watched my abdomen bleed. I couldn't speak, let alone breath. My vision was getting blurry as I felt my heartbeat slow. Just before everything went back, I heard my partner scream my name one last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My footsteps echoed as I slowly walked down a dark hallway the lead to Lucifer knows where. I could faintly hear screaming, crying, and blades smacking against each other.

I looked around the dark hall, trying to figure out where I was. Once I finally reached the end, a huge white wall with seemingly bloody scratches stood tall in front of me. I didn't know what it ment, but I knew it was supposed to be something important.

Voices suddenly started to echo from the end of the hall where I had came from.

"Fuck..." one muttered, sounding in pain. Suddenly, the blades stopped.

"JASON!" a female voice screamed. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on who it was. The first voice groaned.

"Oh, Lucifer.. We should have been more careful..." A dripping noise started to echo through the hall as well and I quickly realized it was coming from behind me.

I turned and looked up. Blood dripped from a small crack in the ceiling. I looked down at the floor and noticed I was ankle deep in a pool of my own blood that poured from a stab wound on my abdomen.

I stumbled back in horror, losing my balance and falling backwards. I splashed into the pool of blood. The crimson liquid consumed me. I thought I was gonna die..

"JASON!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolted awake, sitting up quickly and wincing in pain. My partner sat in a chair next to the bed I was lying on and looked up at me.

"Jason!" She stood up and launched herself at me, pulling me into an embrace. My eyes widened at her action. She pulled away and looked at me, her eyes full of worry.

"I thought you were gonna die!" Her worry cought me off guard. She never worried about me as much as she was at that moment. I looked at her with surprised eyes. I'm sure it was the first time I have ever showed emotion.

"Are you... worried..?" She finally realized how much emotion she was showing towards me and pushed off of me, removing herself from the embrace and pushing me onto the bed.

"Of course not, what are you talking about?!" She looked away from me, a shade of red creeping across her face.

"It's.. Okay if you are." I sat up again, groaning quietly from the pain. "You may be part demon, but you still are an angel." She huffed a bit and turned her body away from me, flapping her damaged wing slightly to show her 'annoyance.'

"Fine. If you really don't trust me enough to show emotion, then I guess I should leave." I was about to stand up from the bed, but my partner stopped me, suddenly standing over me with a hand on my chest.

"Don't." She didn't cease to surprise me. She brought her face closer to mine and I could feel her warm breath hitting my face. Then, she pulled me into a warm and passionate kiss. The kiss itself didn't really surprise me, but the amount of emotion and feeling inside of it did.

She pulled away after a few minutes, suddenly sitting on my chest. She smiled shyly and looked away, a large blush consuming her face.

"That was... interesting." I thought about the warm feeling I got from the passionate kiss we shared. Before she could open her mouth to speak again, I quickly sat up, forgetting about the pain, and kissed her again, wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her from falling.

The second kiss was as passionate and emotional as the first, and my partner immediately kissed me back, wrapping her arms around my neck.

After another few minutes of passionate kissing, we finally pulled apart from each other, panting slightly.

"Does this mean you'll call me by my name..?" my partner panted, brushing some of my hair from in front of my eye.

"Maybe it does, Natalie."