Chapter 2

*Violet's POV*

It's been two weeks and I've settled in pretty well. I met Brody, Marlon, Mitch, Aasim, Omar, Ruby, Sophie and Willy. They were all nice to me apart from Mitch who didn't seem to care. He seems like an asshole.

Me and Clem have gotten a lot closer. Shit, I'd say we're best friends. But there's something different about how I feel around her. I don't feel it around the others. I know what it is but I refuse to accept it.

"Earth to Violet." I snapped out of my thoughts as Clem waved her hand over my face, calling out my name.

"What?" I frowned at her and put her hand down.

"I thought I lost you there. Where did you go?" She teased. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Save your conversation for after class, girls." Mr Garcia pointed to us and frowned.

Clem sat back in her seat and pulled out a post it note which she began to write on. She then handed it to me.

'Well that sucks.'

I wrote a reply. 'We shouldn't have been talking in class.'

'Since when do you care about talking in class Violet?' I rolled my eyes at her comment.

The bell rang, telling us that it was lunch time.

Clem came up to me and smiled. That gorgeous smile that made my knees weak.

I saw Mr Garcia walk over to us behind Clem. "Clementine, can I talk to you for a minute?" She turned to him and nodded so I waited outside for her.

"Hey Vi! Where's Clem?" Louis came up to me, a cheeky grin plastered on his face.

"She's talking to Mr Garcia." I said, pointing to the room behind me.

"They're probably just talking about Clem's softball game next week. Are you coming?" I nodded at Louis.

"Yeah, she asked me to come last night when we were-" I decided not to finish that sentence. But after I saw the taller boy's face I knew I fucked up and had to tell him.

"Wait are you saying you did the dirty?" He said with an eyebrow raised. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"No, idiot."

"Then what were you doing?" Louis pressed on as he stared to wiggle his eyebrows.

I sighed and answered, "I sleep in her bed at night, it just helps me sleep better and I don't get any nightmares when I'm with her." Louis made an O shape with his mouth and I punched him lightly on the arm.

"Hey, what was that for?" He asked as he rubbed his arm, acting as if I hurt him.

"Don't be a baby." I chuckled and he smiled back at me.

Clementine walked out with a frown on her face. She smiled at us when she saw us waiting but went back to a frown shortly after.

"Clem, you okay?" I asked, she nodded and walked past us towards the cafeteria. I shrugged at Louis and followed her.

When we got inside we saw the group sitting around our table as usual. I sat between Clem and Louis and began eating my lunch. Clem seemed quieter and it worried me slightly.

"What's up, dyke?" I flinched at the name and turned to see a boy with brown hair and an orange beanie taking Clem's hat and waving it in the air for her to try and grab.