Chapter 1: Code Red

AN: I have embedded the Moonlight Sonata here just so you could have the feel of the story. Please play while reading. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------- 

The silence of the night is deafening. Margaret is tossing and turning in bed undecided if she will head to the call she received. Earlier the evening, her agent mentioned that a note was left at the last event she attended in France before she flew to Sao Paolo. The note was "Code red. Everyone must be home. Diamond Star." Although her agent just laughed with this weird note, Margaret knew exactly what this means. She knew exactly what "code red" is in their pack. It means war.

"Why now?" She thought.

She had been away for thirteen good years in hiding, and she wondered how come someone was able to send her notes from the pack. The idea of going back home makes her nervous, but the thought that someone might have been tracking her made her very anxious. She doesn't want anyone from her pack to know where she is, and what she had been doing all these years. It took her a while to master hiding her scent at a young age, so she is now anxious how come they were able to track her. She had changed a lot. She was 16 when she started to bloom and aged well. In the werewolf world 16 is the beginning of every woman to bloom but Margaret bloom so well that from washing dishes in the human world, she was scouted to be one of the Stardust Dolls. Stardust Dolls are very few selected models around the world. In the beginning, she struggled a lot. From being a slave-like in her foster family, she shifted at a very early age just before the full moon, to escaping her pack's territory, to hiding in the human world working non-stop while trying to educate herself. She was not confident in sending herself to school. She was so scared her pack might easily trace her, and also she just did not have enough money to support herself. One day while walking down the street of Manhattan, a young man gave her a card where she was invited to show up. At first, she ignored it however she lost 2 of her part-time jobs and needed another to survive. She was not sure if it was okay but she was glad she took the chance. The rest was history. She is now the most sought after Stardust Doll.

After a few hours of tossing and turning, she decided to get up. The penthouse she is occupying alone is huge but at the moment it felt so small. Her heart was beating faster while thinking of going back home. She checked her phone, 2:45 AM. She sighs.

"I guess I need to pack my stuff. I have no way but be there. I cannot run away forever. I know this day would come." She thought to herself.

She connected her phone via Bluetooth to the speaker, opened Spotify and played Mozart's Moonlight Sonata Movement 1. It still surprises her how this piano classic calms her down and her wolf inside. The piece reminds her of a full moon, or a longing to be home she does not know where, and strangely comforts her. She packs her stuff and put in her medium size luggage.

"I hope I will not be staying there longer than expected. I have my career to maintain, and new life to run." She said to herself. Margeaux, her wolf inside, just give a satisfying purr. She does not know if it's because they are going home, or she also does not want to stay longer in their hometown.

After packing some light stuff, she dialed a number. It took a while before the person in the other end answer. It's understandable. It's just 3 in the morning.

"Hello?" a sleepy voice answered.

"Marco, this is Margaret. Just letting you know I will be on indefinite leave. Something happened back home and I need to fix." Margaret said.

"What? Wait a minute. What time is it? It's 3:36 AM? For god's sake, Margaret can't this wait?! I mean why are you going on indefinite leave? O wait, you have a home? A family?" Marco asked furiously. He knew Margaret was an orphan. It's the reason she's sticking with her. Well aside from money, Margaret does not have anyone to share her wealth with except with him.

"Uhmm well yeah. It happens that way." Margaret answered hesitantly. She does not want to divulge more information to Marco since she knew it will only drive him crazy.

"What do you mean it happens that way? Margaret, you can't do this!! You are at the peak of your career. You cannot just disappear at this time otherwise your career will dwindle." Marco answered exasperatedly.

"Look Marco", Margaret sounded pissed off, "I am not asking for your permission. I am telling you that I will be on indefinite leave whether you agree to it or not. Besides, I am already a brand myself. Even if my career will dwindle people will still know me, and I am sure I will still get a modeling contract, if not then I'll be a musician." Margaret smiled with the thought of being a musician.

"You know, I am really against with it but what can I do. You're a hard-headed bitch! I'll cancel all your bookings then. So when are you leaving? And where are you leaving for again?" Marco asked.

Margaret thought of answering him but decided she just needs to make up a little lie. "I'll just need time to be alone and free from all the stress." Of course, this is not true. As a she-wolf, she can easily cope up with stress with just a blink of an eye.

"Alright!" Marco said understandingly. Marco is not the nosy kind of agent which she liked the most. It's the reason she is sticking with him although the agent sometimes tests her patience.

Just when she's done talking to Marco Elgar's Salut d'amour played. She suddenly touched her chest trying to hold it to at least calm her feelings. The piece brings her back to the time she felt she was rejected. It's just unbearable. It's the most painful event in the werewolf world. The longing. The rejection. The betrayal. She felt everything all at once. As a she-wolf everything she feels magnified especially if it brings back a memory, a bitter-sweet memory.

"Andrei." She whispered and wailed. 

------------------------------------------

I just updated chapter 1. I know there's nothing much to it but I want to hear what you think of this chapter. Please don't forget to like or vote (whatever that is). I will be updating chapter 2 later today. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! <3