Chapter 17

One week later...

We land in a snowy New York. It looked beautiful from the plane and even more beautiful now. 

"Drop her to the hotel, David." Harry orders in a voice hoarse from sleep. 

"You are not...." Harry raises his hand to cut me off.  

"Harry you can't just shut me up." 

"Yes I can. Now stop arguing with me and get in the car." he says as rudely as possible. What happened to him? In the past few days I have had barely any interaction with him. He just used to come late night and leave early morning maybe that's why I have lost the habit. I don't argue with him and get in the car with David. 

"Don't mind him, he's stressed about this deal." David covers for him. 

"It's okay. The last thing I care about is his behavior towards me. I know it'll never change so you don't have to cover for him." 

"I'm not covering for him, April. Why don't you get it that he is a good person?" 

"Because it doesn't matter, David. He won't ever show that good side of his to me. Now please turn down the radio I need to sleep." I lay my head back comfortably and try not to think about Harry. Or should I say my douche bag so called husband. 

We reach the hotel sooner than I expected. As usual I check into the 5 star suite Harry booked for us...him. 

"Wow." I say to myself as I look at the view from the window. I can see Empire State and many other buildings. Cool. 

I throw myself on the bed and start reading one of the cliché romantic novels. Bad boy good girl. I know it's a typical love story. The girl turns the boy's world upside down and he completely transforms from the secretive asshole to the sweetest boyfriend anyone could imagine. I wish I was one of those girls. I wish I had a bad boy in my life who would avoid me so that I come closer to him. So that I keep thinking about him. 

I shake my head to get rid of these stupid thoughts. Why couldn't we just go in the market and buy a bad boy for us? Ahhh, here comes another one. Sometimes I think am I having a spilt personality disorder? My eyes widen at the thought of it. 

"Why are you so shocked? Haven't you seen me shirtless before?" spoke a rude voice in my head. I wake from my daydream and see shirtless Harry standing in front of me. Shit! I didn't even realise. Mental note : Remind me to stop daydreaming. And oh I did visit a psychiatrist?

"Grey, are you okay?" he asks.

"Yes, yes absolutely." I reply after a moment. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. 

"I spilled some coffee over my shirt so I had to change." 

"Okay." I say as I tug at the hem of my top. 

"W-what are you doing?" he raises an eyebrow. 

"What? Why are you so shocked? Haven't you seen me shirtless before?" I mimic him. I couldn't control my laughter at his priceless expressions.

"I'm just messing around with you, styles." I get up and ruffle his hair. I feel a sudden jerk and the next moment I'm pinned to the bed with Harry over me. 

"Don't ever, I repeat ever, try to touch me!" he growled. I cheeks flush with embarrassment. 

"Harry, it was just a joke." I say careful not to further provoke him. 

"Then don't fucking joke with me! You have already made my life a joke!" he raises his voice. I squeeze my eyes. He's too close to me I'm not liking it. He grips my wrist tightly, very tightly that it hurts.