Chapter 24

I awake up to the smell of cupcakes. Oh no, daddy is still angry. Everytime my dad is upset with me my mom makes mom makes me cupcakes to lighten the mood. 

"Good morning baby girl." Is that my dad's voice?

"Daddy?" I whisper and turn in my bed. I see my dad bringing cupcakes. I sit up and wipe my eyes. "You made them?" I ask. 

"Yes." he says. Oh no, I love my dad very much but he is the worst cook. I cringe my nose. 

"Don't you worry baby. Your mom made them." he says hugging me. 

"I'm sorry daddy." I say.  

"Why are you sorry?" 

"Because I lied." I say. 

"Good girl." he kisses me on the forehead. 

"You knew I lied?" 

"Of course. I called Harry and told him everything. I was so mad at him kissing my daughter for no reason but then he told me that it was stupid. He told me that there is no reason of being angry, you are a grown up girl who can take decisions which sometimes go wrong and he and you are in the right age to do stupidities like this. But he would never do anything to my sweetheart without her permission and it was his idea. He is stupid, rude, crazy but he isn't a monster." I pick a cupcake and fill it in my mouth. 

"Baby, he is the right choice for you. Better than that uh- what was his name -" 

"Dylan?" 

"Yeah, Dylan!" 

"No way!" I protest. I'm angry at him for even comparing Dylan with Harry. Dylan was a sweetheart and Harry is a monster. But I let it go. Dylan is not in my life anymore.

"Yes way!" he laughs, "Come on now dress up I'll drop you to Harry's house."

"Okay." I agree and head to the bathroom. I wonder if I should ask Harry what he did to calm my father maybe he can train me too. I get ready and wait for my father in the car. 

"April Grey come back in here." my mom hollers. 

"Yeah," I climb off the car. 

"Here, finish your milk and then go." she hands me a glass of milk. 

"Mom I am not a kid anymore. I'm an adult and adults don't drink milk!" I whine. 

"If you are not a kid anymore then stop behaving like one and finish your milk." she gives a angry stare and I gulp the milk down. 

My dad drops me at Harry's. As soon as Gemma sees me she welcomes me with a tight hug. 

"God, I have been trying to contact you since a week now. Why don't you answer my calls? Are you mad at me? Oh my God! Are you seeing someone else? Am I not important to you anymore?" she keeps a hand on her heart. 

"Harry is absolutely right, you are such a drama!" I laugh. 

"Yeah, yeah, now you'll agree with him. Now that everything thing is falling in place." she nudges me. My smile immediately fade at her words. 

"Whatever," I say and move towards my room, "So what's new with you?" 

"Okayyy, so I kind of met someone..." she begins and I squeal. 

"What? That's amazing!! Is he a chef? Tell me he's a chef!" I scream. 

"No! Can you think of anything else but food?" she slaps the back of my head, "Now, I have told you but you can't tell Harry or anyone." 

"Okay, but tell me who is it?" 

"That I can't do." 

"What? Why?"