Chapter 25

The next morning I ignore Harry. I avoid both breakfast and lunch with him. It's a weekend so everyone's home. 

"Let's go outing," Anne says as we sit in the living room. Harry is busy in his phone I don't think he paid attention to what Anne said.

"That's a wonderful idea, love." Robin pecks her lips and sits down next to her, "Where do you want to go?" 

"Universal Studios?!" Gemma suggests excitedly. 

"Arghh, boring!" Harry says from his phone, "You still a Disney fan?" 

"Yep! Pleaseee!" she looks at her parents.

"Okay. Harry you don't want to come?" 

"Nope. I'll rather start a new TV series this weekend." 

"What about you April?" everyone except Harry turns to me. For a moment I forgot I was part of their family now. 

"Uh-actuallly I was thinking of going to the orphanage. So, you guys can carry on."

"But then I'll get bored," Gemma whines.

"Okay, so Harry and April can spend the weekend at home. Robin and I need a day out. Gemma why don't you make plans with your friends?" 

"Okay," she agrees and gets up. 

"I'll pack our bags," Anne says to Robin. Quickly kissing him on the cheek she leaves the room, leaving me smiling and Harry rolling his eyes. I move upstairs to my room and grab my phone and bag. I'm dressed in slacks and t shirt. I wear my sneakers and go downstairs to say goodbye to Gemma and the folks. Fortunately Harry is still buried in his phone. We are so good at ignoring each other that we could do it for a living. 

I walk towards the orphanage with my headphones on. When I reach the gate there is no sign of children playing in the ground. Where are they? I walk to the main office and open it. Teenagers are scattered in the hall to my right I see a bunch of girls playing with a baby and boys talking around. One boy catches my eyes, he sitting all alone in his bed reading something off his phone. 

"His name is Noah," a strange male voice startles me. I jump and turn, "Don't be afraid I'm not a ghost." a man chuckles. 

"Uh-yeah, I'm April, I'm visiting." I catch my breath. 

"I'm Ethan," he says. 

"Oh my God! You're Ethan! It's so nice to meet you," I stretch my hand for a handshake, "I'm Gemma's..." a stop for a moment think what I really am, "Sister in law?" I say hesitantly. 

"Oh yeah, of course!" he smiles and shake my hand, "She told me about you, I get why you are so unsure. Harry is uh-...." he search for words. 

"Difficult?" I suspect. 

"Yeah, as Gemma says." 

"Hmm..." I stare at wall behind him thinking of Harry and my kiss and the embarrassment that came with it. 

"So, tell me about Noah." I tell Ethan. 

"Of course," he says and gestures me to move into the garden. 

We sit on the swing while Ethan tells me about Noah. He is 16 years old and came to know that his parents abandoned him a few years ago. He is angry with life since then. His tantrums are almost impossible to handle sometimes. Ethan has known him since he came in his orphanage, they were close once but grew apart once he went to Standford. 

"We are looking for a governess specially for him." he sighs. 

"Oh! Can I help?" I ask. 

"Yeah, if you want to." he shrugs, "You can visit whenever you like."