♣︎1

Red.

Love.

Roses.

Dying alone.

It terrified him.

The bitter taste of whiskey slithering down his throat, he hated it but loved it. It gave him a warm feeling in his stomach. Was it because it made his body warm up, giving him that false sense of another's touch that he craved for?

He was hopeless. All he could think of was love and how much red reminded him of it. His hair was dyed a beautiful color to remind him of a romance in his life that has never existed but always wanted. The man was charming, a clique lonesome millionaire, a hopeless romantic always fantasizing about the one, but at the same time had given up and accepted his fate of dying alone (he's quite dramatic). He brushed his hand through his red locks letting out a sigh "Namjoon, pour me another" he requests. Namjoon nods softly and pulls out another glass, placing a round of ice into it, pouring the brown liquid on top of it before sliding it over to him.

"You're not gonna find the love of your life in this dump, Tae" Namjoon sighs, cleaning a glass with a towel "Put yourself out there! You're a fuckin millionaire and pretty decent looking, you could catch someone easily with your charms. Coming to this place every Sunday night isn't gonna do shit for you, look at Jin and me. I met him at a grocery store and now we've been happily together for three years."

Taehyung took a swig of his drink "You know it's not like that" he lied "I come here just to pick someone up for the night" he shrugged, taking yet another drink of his whiskey.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, kid" Namjoon scoffs. The older walking away from the man to speak to other regulars sitting at the counter. Taehyung took a look around the pub spotting two younger men chatting away. One of the boys glanced toward Taehyung and smirked causing his breath to hitch. Taehyung found the boy breathtaking; the way his black hair contrasted perfectly against his pale skin, his pink plump lips, and the way the oversized grey sweater he wore made him look warm. The boy leaned over to his friend and whispered something to him, making his friend look over at Taehyung before looking back at the dark-haired boy, giggling. Taehyung quickly looked away feeling embarrassed.

Taehyung called out to Namjoon "Do I have anything on my face, does my hair look stupid?" The older chuckled and shook his head, "No, you don't. Why the sudden question?" Taehyung shook his head and waved off Namjoon, shaking his leg nervously.

The rest of the night was uneventful, Taehyung chatted up a few men and women here and there, but none interested him enough to take them home though. Every once in a while the boy who had caught his eye earlier would go up to the counter and order more drinks for him and his friend, throwing Taehyung a breathtaking smile each time. Taehyung couldn't help but be intrigued by the boy; all from one look and a few smiles. Taehyung never acted upon it though, he didn't want to come off as desperate even though the man was practically welcoming Taehyung to talk to him. He'd done that once before and he just ended up with another broken heart to add to his list. Taehyung had concluded that he would just settle for being alone and having one-night stands. All he ever saw were couples everywhere, they were living their lives happily together, and had the support of each other. That's what he craved; to have someone to love him just as much as he loved them. He was in love with love.

Taehyung looked back one more time only to see that the dark-haired boy was gone along with his friend. Taehyung let out a disappointed sigh and got up from his seat. "Alright, Joon, I'm gonna head out" the red-haired man brushed his hair back and chugged down the rest of his drink, taking in a sharp breath and scrunching his nose at the bitter taste and burning sensation.