Chapter 38

Zoe's pov.

I waited. And waited. And waited. Annnnnd Waiteddddd. But it became obvious that Claire wasn't coming home from the hospital anytime soon and that Soren wasn't coming either.

"For once in my life I wanted to not have to do everything myself!"I said throwing my hands up in the air

I could have applied for a job or got my own apartment. Instead I started wondering aimessly like a lost puppy. Lets face it, where would I go anyway? I walked through the crowds and down the endless sidewalks.

I was just a regular girl walking down the street. With a back pack full of stuff. All alone. With creepy pervs staring at me.

I took a left into a store that had dresses in the glass display and made my way through the haze of perfume to the front counter.

"Excuse me?" I asked the lady

She had blonde hair, but you could see her black roots and really long red finger nails. "Yes hun? What can I do for you today?" She said in a high pitched voice.

I smiled, "Can I use your phone? I'm kinda stranded here." I told her, blushing

She made an "oh" sound and looked both ways. "Okay hun but make it quick." She said passing me the receiver.

I quickly reached across the desk and dialed the number waiting as it rang.

"Hi." I said when he picked up

"Claire?" The voice asked frantic.

"No. Zoe."I said streching out my "o"

"Well what is it?" He asked impatient.

"I need a ride."I told him

He groaned loudly. "Seriously?!? This is the second time someone has asked me for a ride. First Soren and now you." He said.

My ears pircked up. So Soren didn't leave. Interesting.

"Pleease."I begged

"I would. But I'm looking for Claire."He said sighing

"Are you with Soren?"I asked him

"No. Why do you ask?"He asked curiously

"Cause you said he asked for a ride. So. You just ditched him?"I asked.

"Zoe. really. I got to go." He said impatiently.

"NO! Please pick me up I think I know where Claire is."I told him

"I'm listening."

"I bet a million dollars that I know where Soren is." I told him.

"And I bet...That Soren just happens to be with Claire."

*************

Soren's POV

I put my arms around Claire's waist and she rested hers around my neck. I slowly opened my mouth so I could slip my tongue into hers.

Damn, Claire's good at kissing.

Look at you man, making the first step for once.

For once?!? I had been making the first step all this time!

Just shut up and kiss her, you ding bat.

Will do.

We pulled away from each other, panting. I lowered my arms from her waist to her thighs and we stared at each other for a second in a haze.

I didn't know what to say and I could tell neither could she. Thank god the cab driver decided to chirp up at that time.

"Wow. Now that was a kiss. Do it again." He said smiling at us from the rear view mirror.

Claire blushed and I laughed as she attempted to put her hair in front of her face. I brushed a piece behind her ear and smiled at her.

"You're so beautiful." I whisper, looking at her face.

"No I'm not." She protested, looking embarrassed.

I didn't let her finish. I leaned in and kissed her again. The cab driver hollered and we laughed, breathing deeply.

I thought this was the end...but maybe my days with Claire had only just begun.