Chapter 1

It felt good to be back with the team again. I'd spent the last few months making battle plans, working with my angelic and demonic companions as well as my human group. My main influence though, was a demon named Raum, but i had taken to calling him "R". He had been an enormous amount of help to me, despite keeping me awake each and every night. We spent countless hours training, perfecting our battle skills. My baby girl, Kat, had been by my side ever since the incident with Christian. She had become an incredible fighter, and I was very proud. I knew she had what it takes to last in this war. My good friend Jayce, also a demon, had gone off with his angelic lover Ajax to gather any possible recruits to help in the war. My angel brother, Diari, had headed off the medical works for our army. When our men got torn to bits, he was there to patch them back up again. I owe my life to that guy, he'd saved my life not too long earlier during a medical procedure to surgically remove a black goo that had been infecting my body. The scars still shone across my body, as reminders of the pain I'd endured. Lastly, there were the other three High Demons. Alex, a bounty hunter with an old hit on me and my love, had become one of our greatest allies. He was working to set up  defensive perimeter around our central command, and worked to create new weaponry for us. Jake, a man I had once looked up to, had taken a different route. He worked to maintain morale and keep our men,women, and creatures as comfortable as possible. Many of us would have lost hope without him. Finally, there was Christian, my fully insane counterpart. I wasn't quite sure what he was doing, but it helped. He mostly helped my with the killing for the most part. And there you had it, the people I'd been counting on the most in this war. It was our dream team, the few soldiers to hold back the forces of darkness. I guess that when you only have a few people to watch you back, it's good to know you've got your family by your side.