Chapter Two-Blue Neighborhood

{Your POV}
Sun rays peaked over the horizon that started a brand new day that for me was a simple reminder of how long it had been since I slept. You would think the reason of so would be because I should be dead, but no and it's not because of my mothers passing either. Not here and not now, as a passive person, I tend to let the world pass me by.

Yes I miss my mother, but I won't let that get in the way of my future. I won't let my life be dictated by loss or dread, so when my aunt, now new guardian for five months, walked into my hospital room, my old self would have ignored her. But I could tell embracing her made a ton of stress lift off her shoulders.

"I know you won't like it, but in a few hours they will release you and you will be mine. I know you don't want to leave, but I live off the coast on an island. It's where my new resort is" She spoke quietly into my ear.

All I could do was nod, and as she waited next to my bed, I began to accept my new life. My aunt was well off and had no children and no husband, we were both used to being alone. I had just moved to my new school, so as a soon to be senior in high school with only so many months left, there weren't many friends to make.

My trip there was swift, all my stuff was packed into a suitcase and my old house was soon sold off and the money would be mine that day I turned 18. As the plane neared closer to the island of Nassau, I could see abundance of lush plant life.

We soon got off the plane and was picked up by a black suburban which then took us to a large pristine house. I was given a quick tour of how to get to my room, but I was left to discover the rest myself. With nothing to do, I made way through the endless maze into the open backyard.

The air was warm and the breeze blew soft, I looked upon fields and fields of grass that looked as if it were kept but couldn't tame its length. It reached a little over my ankles and was filled with beautiful white and yellow wild daisies. Trees are what seemed to be the boundaries of the yard, but that didn't stop me from entering.

Looking back at it now, it felt as if something was pulling me along, guiding me to an unknown destination. Then, with a large gust of wind, daisy and other blooming fruit tree pedals flew through the air and for a moment blocked my vision. And a voice danced in my ears.

"It's not the same without you here."

But I could not find the owner of the voice, it kind of scared me. I turned and spotted a pond off in the distance and began to head in that direction. When there, I sat against a nearby tree that seemed to bare peaches that had yet to ripen. I closed my eyes for a second and snapped them open as soon as I heard the voice again, this time it was more clear.

"Alouette, gentille alouette,
Alouette, je te plumerai."

I stood and began walking towards to direction it came from, getting louder and louder. Soon I was behind a tree, on the other side was a man, he had long-scraggly blonde hair that fit well with his five o'clock shadow.

"Je te plumerai la tête.
Je te plumerai la tête.
Et la tête ! Et la tête !
Alouette, Alouette!"

I quickly jumped in knowing the rest of the words.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh, Alouette, gentille alouette-"

"Non non your pronunciation is all wrong! You say it like you're an American."

His French accent was marvelously apparent and his words struck me as an insult.