Chapter Four-Collar Full

I quickly found that every day from then on would be spent with them. The next day, I was reading up on Leviathan Wakes as I wanted to brush up on some memories so I could discuss it with Lutz. I was seated in the living room with the tv on for background noise when a certain someone decided to pay me a visit.

"Whatcha watchin' chickadee?"

Matt asked as he set down his boots by the couch. In that moment, as I looked up from my book, I realized how handsome he was. He wore a navy blue plaid shirt, baggy jeans, cowboy boots, and aviators sat on his face. The thing I liked the most was that his hair wasn't pulled back like it normally was. Thus shaping his already chiseled jaw.

"Oh just a random hockey team, I'm reading but sometimes I like noise."

I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of him. Just the way he walked, folded his arms, and how he actually looked interested in me when everything else to him seemed boring. Not to mention his voice, it was deep, but entrancing.

"Ahhh, I gotcha." He sat down next to me, laying back and placing his hands behind his head. He paused before continuing "I'm not bothering you am I? Because I was wondering if you wanted to do something."

"Nope, I was just finishing. What was it you wanted to do eh?"

He laughed at the end part.
"Oh just wanted to see if you wanted to go camping on the beach with me and Al for a night?"

I immediately jumped up.
"Of course! Sounds better than sitting around! When do we leave?"

"In an hour."

I then sprint up the stairs to my room and began packing. Matt soon followed and chuckled at my disarray of clothing across my room, he then sat on my bed and watched while on his phone.

"So Mattie how old are ya? Actually how old is everyone at your house?"

"Oh, I'm 18, so I Al. Umm my dad is-"

"Wait which one is your dad!?"

"Haha, my dad is François and Oliver is Allen's adoptive dad same with Xiao and Kuro. Flavio and Luciano are twin brothers and Lutz has a brother but we don't see him often."

"Ohhhhh, thanks I was admittedly a little confused at first."

"Yeah, but my dad is 38, Oliver is 37, Xiao is 45, Viktor is 33, Luciano is 27 so is Flavio, Lutz is I think 30 now, and Kuro is 22."

"Why do you all live together?"

Matt paused at this, but answered "family I guess, and it's our job."

"About that, what do you guys even do?"

He scratches the back of his head and smirks "we just go to meetings and such and sometimes conventions, that's why we're here this is where we stay while we wait for your aunt to tell us where to go."

"Oh really? And what do you talk about at these meetings?"

"That is confidential little miss. Now are you ready to go?"

I stand with my bag in tow and follow him down to his truck.
"Fine don't tell me then little mister."

We then drove back around the corner where Allen stood in the driveway. He then opened the passenger door "you're a funny doll too, now get in the back."