7.2-A DATE

Dedicated  to JK-21-03!

. ~Habeak~.

I wanted her to eat something she has never eaten before in her life, I wanted her to feel that she is still precious and she shouldn’t hate herself but she should enjoy the new chance she has been given in life,  so I take her to a beautiful restaurant that excels the aura of riches, she looks at me as the doorman opens the door with a smile which I returned under my mask.

“Do you like meat?” I ask, she squints her eyes in thought before nodding. I guess we all love meat. “Well, get ready to get your mind blown away.” I say to her. She looks at me and tilts her head.

She couldn’t stop smiling as she ate up the little chunk of meat on the plate, “it looks so small and enticing!” she squeals as I help her cut her second plate of steak into smaller pieces after am done I pass it to her and she collects it gingerly, she stabs her fork into one piece and grins widely as she chews it.

As she swallows the piece she had chewed she looked at me wide eyed, palms on the table. “Why is this so small when it tastes so good?”

I shrugs “they must be stingy with meat” I tease pouring wine in the wine flute for her, non-alcoholic of course I don’t want her zapping the people of the street.

After her fifth plate, we go out on a tour around the bustily street, we watch a dance performance which she enjoyed quite well, then she throws a dart on a promotional board where she gets a free lipstick, I bought hot dogs for her, we checked the things on sale, bags, shirts and phone cases where I showed her my own phone which she was totally mesmerized with.

But most importantly, she laughed, her eyes twinkled with happiness and that made me happy "What's that?” she asks, pointing at a cotton candy cart. “cotton candy” I whisper, turning to meet her face an inch from mine, I press my lips as I stared at her glowing eyes “what?” she mouths making me to pull back with my heart begging to escape from my chest.

I hit my chest subtly. “Cavity.” I say in a hoarse voice while clearing my throat.

My heart is unsettled and it’s weird.

I buy a stick for her but the man gives her one more because she was pretty, at his compliment she goes pink and smiles at him, it made my heart pump and I find myself yelling at her "don't smile!”

“Did I do something wrong?” she asks oblivious to the fact that my heart is sending odd signals all over my body because of her “Let’s go!” I snap, pulling her away to the car in angry long strides.

I wish I could stop but can’t seem to, whatever emotion that I am feeling presently is fuelling me to continue going and that is what I did.

The drive back home is done in silence.

The lights are turned off as we entered the entrance, I remove my shoe and raise my head up, meeting Hani’s uneasy look.
“Where are they?”she asks i look. at her with a how-am-I-supposed-to-know  look, am still annoyed at her for smiling at that man.

But why?!  is a reason I don't know.

I hear little noise come from the media room, i push her behind me despite the fact am still boiling and whisper to her “Stay right here” I ordered, it came out more of a threat than a request, she nods and licks of the little crumbs on the stick, I eye it for a while before dragging it off her hand.

She looks at me startled, I force a grin then I walk away to check out the noise.

I see no one in the living room but my baby, a 300-inch television turned on, Monster bug wars fills the screen, I scrunch my face in disgust as I turn the television off.