chapter 1

It was hard, everyday was a challenge, every step they made towards becoming whole again was caught in a cycle of one step forward and two steps back. Every time they glimpsed green hair in the crowd their breath would hitch and would take days to unknot the tangle their hearts were in. When they finally felt ready and that their heart was healed enough they felt ready to open their heart for a third once again this time, a parental love and a drive to complete their broken little family. They had so much love to spare and knew that Izuku had always talked about them one day adopting so they went ahead with it knowing that their beloved would guide them every step of the way.

That’s how 6 year old Kiyan was brought home, the cutest little girl they had ever seen and loved her from the moment those big green eyes so much like Izuku had connected with theirs. Her wild cyan hair bounce around her freckled face as she walked around, exploring and analyzing everything. She was like a carbon copy of Their beloved izuku. When they went shopping for her room, she grabbed an all might plushed.

" Can I get this Mr. Shouto?" she asked sweetly, and who was he to say anything but yes. What hurt thought, was when she found a deku doll. Her eyes lit up at she snached it off the shelf. " Look! look! it's Deku! he was my favorite hero" she said while hopping from foot to foot. feeling a tight pain in his throat, Hitoshi squeezed Shouto's hand reassuringly.

" Really?" he asked, kneeling down on one knee so they were eye to eye " Me and Shouto knew deku when we were in school. We were best friends" he gave her a watery smile. She gave a blinding smile as she hugged the stuffed doll in her arms, she spent the rest of the trip through the store asking about the greenette what was his favorite color, his favorite food, was he really nice in person and anything her little mind could come up with, it eased a little part of their soul that they found somebody who loved him as much as they did, and they vowed to make sure he was never forgotten.

When they got home, she dragged them both to her room to help set up her room. She had a bunk bed with the lower bunk removed. A little desk and chair were put under the top bunk. " It's so pretty" she squealed. Hitoshi and Shouto smiled at each other

"I'll be right back, okay ?" when she nodded, Hitoshi left the room.

" Hey, Mr. Shouto, what was Deku really like?" Kiyan asked curiously. Tears pricked Shouto's eyes but he willed them away " What did he look like?"

" What was he like? He was sweet, caring. He always cared more about the people around him then himself. He was selfless like that, willing to give up his life for someone he didn't know. He loved heros, and would always freak out when he met them. He had this cute little mumbled thing when he got to in his head, he'd start muttering. He always analyze everything. Especially quirks, if you had a quirk, he'd be over the moon the talk about it with you. He always had a notebook on him to write down the information he gathered. by our second year of U.A he had 16 books filled to the brim." Shouto had a soft smile on his face as he recalled all the Important information "Izuku's looks? He had wild green and black hair that was impossible to tame. It was actually a surprise that he brushed it at all. He had big green eyes and tan skin. his face was covered in freckles, and he had scars on his arms and hands from his fights with villains, but overall he was beautiful." he closed his eyes to prevent any tears that threatened to fall. He felt small and big arms wrapping around him. He opened his eyes to see Hitoshi had returned and now they were hugging him. Kiyan pulled away first to look at him.

" You must of really loved him," she smiled, which made both men blush for being call out by 6 year old." And from what I've heard, I'm sure he loved you. your strong, so don't cry! he wouldn't want this, and I don't want this!" she gave them a smile so close to izuku's it hurt. "be heros, for him. and I'll be a hero for you" Shouto pulled her to him chest as tears finally slipped down his face. He nuzzled her hair as he tried to calm down.

when he was calm enough, he finally spoke. " You'll be a wonderful hero, one izuku would be proud of." they stayed like that for an hour before they decided for her to stay with them for the night. they brought the sleeping girl to their room and fell asleep almost Immediately.