A look into the past

Kiyan Asahi used to live with her parents. A Mother and Father, a perfect family. She was a perfect little girl. Never got in trouble, all ways helped when she could, never hung out with the wrong people. She was always told she looked just like the pro hero, Deku. That was how she chooses her new favorite hero. She sat down in front of the T.V and watched things about deku. She had promised her parents she'd be a hero like him once she got her quirk.

Things didn't work out like that though because, on her 4th birthday, they found out that she may never get a quirk.

" While she doesn't have the second joint in her pinky, there is something wrong with her nerves, this isn't super accurate, but it's a sign she may be quirkless." the doctor said sympathetically. Kiyan let the green haired doll fall from her hand onto the tile floor. She stared dumbly at the woman who just told her she might never get a quirk.

" Ok, thank you. we shall be leaving now" her mother, named Mika, spoke quietly. Kiyan quickly grabbed the toy she'd dropped before she was dragged out of the doctor's office. Her mother said nothing as she pulled her to her car, strapped her in, and drove off. It was a quiet ride home. Kiyan held back the tears that threaten to fall. Just that morning, Mika was so happy, so excited. Talking about all the possibility of quirks she might get. maybe she'd get her Mothers quirk, which was call heater, she could bring her own body heat up 20°, and was able to use that heat to warm others. With a quirk like that she could be a support hero. Or, maybe she'd get her fathers, Riku, spear. He could summon rods of light and use them as a weapon. She could become a pro-hero with that.

But now? She might not even have a quirk at all. While she was only 4, she was very smart and knew how everyone hated quirkless people. She was scared of what her parents would think of her now.

She watched as they pulled into the driveway and Mika ushered her out of the car. she walked into the house with her mother. " mommy?"

" Kiy, go play outside. Mommy needs to do somethings inside for a bit." Mika said sharply. Kiyan didn't want to get in trouble, so she left the house again and walked down the street to the neighborhood playground. There she met up with one of her best friends, Kaito Haruta. She had long blonde hair and sky blue eyes. the moment their eyes met, Kiyan felt something pull at her heart. Will she still want to be my friends? She thought but quickly pushed that thought away.

" Hi, Asahi how did it go?" Kaito asked once she was close enough.

"...They said I might be quirkless..." she said, sitting down on the grass and frowning. kaito frowned at her. Stop it she thought bitterly Stop pitying me, I don't need it.

" I-i see," Kaito said, her mood dropping along with Kiyan's. " Everyone is gonna be really upset when they find out at school, you know how they feel about quirkless kids. Heck, they made Lora jump just for being friends with a quirkless guy, she was only 8!" the blond cried out.

" Maybe I can come up with a lie, like a quirk that just dumb," Kiyan said looking over to her friend.

Kaito stood from her spot on the grass, pointing at her while angry tears dripped down her face. "Y-your stupid if you think That's gonna work. I can't do this. I can't be friends with you if it means my reputation is on the line." with that, she wiped the tears from her face and left, not even sparing a glance to Kiyan, who was now crying too, begging her to come back.

Kiyan watched as her best friend left her to be by herself. She wiped the tears that spilled from her green eyes as she lifted herself off the ground. She walked over to the swings and sat down. She swung lightly, looking over the empty playground. Why, why her? why did something so unfair, so horrible, have to happen to a girl like her? She was perfect, did she really deserve something like this?