A Gallahger and a Hargreeves

(Ray or Leah in pic provided played by Lily collins)

The nickname everyone gave Leah Gallagher as young kid was Ray. Why Ray? You ask; Well because of her radiant smile of course. Her smile that she showed even when she was hurt or weak; a smile that hid a world of pain that she did her best to conceal because she was everyone's bubbly, helping, kind girl.

She was there Ray of sunshine- or at least to her Abuela she was anyway, and really that was all that mattered.

There wasn't anything Leah Gallagher wouldn't do for her Abuela. She took care of her and made sure she had everything she needed and in return, her Abuela showered her in pure love and affection, something foreign in her household.

It was early morning and Ray was dreading getting up and working. 19 years of age and Ray worked with the people who ruined her entire life. A rehabilitation counselor, following people around for a few days a week to help them find jobs and the like.

Most people would say that it was a noble profession, that she must have had a lot of patience- but the truth was, most of them she knew from her neighborhood and if not, she knew how they grew up; just like her- a broken home with alcoholic druggie parents or worse.

A soft knock on her door brought her back to reality. "Ray?" Came a soft voice. Fiona, her amazing hard working older half sister always made sure to wake her up in case her alarm didn't go off.

"I'm up Fiona, thank you."

"Okay well when you're ready, there's toast and scrambled eggs downstairs.

"Okey dokey." And she was up. Ray quickly started getting dressed into a pair of black skinny jeans, some worn out black buckle boots, a thick knitted grey sweater, and a long black coat. Ray put her hair up in a messy bun then quickly brushed her teeth and left her room. Her phone dinged as she was walking downstairs and she stopped to see the text.

Manager: I have a new case for you. This ones kind of difficult, figured you'd be the right person to take it on.

Me: Difficult how? Not another one of the violent ones right?

Manager: No, not exactly. Just a really different character. He's a repeat so it might be kind of hard to keep him on the right track. I have it set up for you and him to meet at the cafe near the office at 10. I'll send you his picture so you know who to look for.

Me: Okayyy, and what about my other appointment I'm supposed to meet today? Terry and I have been really close to a break through and I'm supposed to walk him to the Job fair today.

Manager: Take him with you. Look, I know I'm asking a lot but you're the best at your job and I'm begging you. This guys in and out of rehab at least every week, he needs some change or he's gonna be in an early grave, Ray.