Monster under my bed

The moment after the kiss was filled with questions on both parts. The first was what came out of Klaus's mouth.

"So.. awkward question but what are we now? Usually when two people passionately kiss they've been going on dates and uh you're the person trying to keep my clean, heh heh.." Klaus scratched the back of his head, his back flush against the wall of the cafe and Ray's back against her car.

"Well.. we both enjoyed that, right?" Ray asked. Klaus nodded his head.

"Definitely so. And I mean we're both single, right?" Klaus asked. Ray nodded her head with a little smile.

"Incredibly single. As single as someone could get." Klaus laughed.

"Well that's good for me then... So I really haven't done this thing before, I mean I usually just," Klaus made a thrusting movement with his hips. "And then leave. What about you?"

"Uh.." Ray stared at him for a second remembering the two relationships she had ever had. "Well the first one didn't last very long on the account of he's dead now and the second one.." Ray cocked her head, her eyes staring in the distance. "Well we don't talk about him." She shook her head and stared at Klaus.

"Mysterious, I like it. If it's any consolation on my part, I lost my brother a long time ago. His name was Ben.. sometimes I feel like I still hear him." Klaus's eyes shifted to his left where Ben was glaring at him.

"Real funny Klaus." Ben scoffed. Klaus only partially shrugged at him, trying not to seem like a complete psycho in front of Ray.

"I'm.. really sorry, Klaus. I couldn't imagine losing any of my sibling's.. Sometimes they're what keep me going on some days." Ray looked at him with sympathy in her big brown eyes.

"Eh, well you know, it was a long time ago. Besides, all of my siblings are dicks. We haven't seen each other in like 13, 14 years? And honestly, I'm fine with that. Whenever any of us are all together, something bad happens." Klaus muttered bitterly, kicking a pebble with his shoes. "Anyway, isn't this the part where one of us asks each other out or that sort of thing?"

"Is it? I don't know, I'm super socially awkward."

"Well same here freckles, looks like we're both fucked." Ray laughed at that then motioned for him to come closer. He stared at her then at her out stretched hands, finally taking a step towards her, grabbing both her hands. Ray grinned and took a step towards him, then dramatically getting down on one knee.

"Klaus Hargeeves, will you date me?" Ray asked, staring up at him with a closed eyed smile.

"This is the cutest shit ever, of course!" Klaus pulled her up, lifting her up in his arms and spinning her in circles til she got dizzy. When he let her go, Ray stumbled. Klaus laughed but quickly helped to steady her. "Oops, didn't mean to make you dizzy."

"You're such a goofball. Get in my car, we're going to my house." Quickly heading to the driver's side, Ray got in, starting the car. Klaus got in, confused.

"Pray tell, why are we going to your house?" Ray glanced over to him, pulling out.

"So, this is going to confuse you a bit but if I hide you from my family for any length of time, I'll never hear the end of it. I'd rather not get constant bitching about 'Oh nieta, why did you not introduce me to this boy of yours' or 'What, are we not good enough for you to introduce your little boy toy to us.'" Ray looked like she was on the verge of a rant.

"I'm suddenly afraid to meet your family."

"Don't be, they don't bite much."

"Ha, you're so funny." Klaus responded dryly.