Chapter 4: "Change"

Rex yawned, as he walked through Syspocalypstar.

The rough night had turned into an exhausting morning. He barely slept that night. His mind was too corrupted by the thoughts of his failure.

"I almost feel hungover. He tried to use magic on me. Didn't he? I can't even remember."

He didn't feel like making breakfast and hanging out at home, so he decided to explore. It was the only thing he could think of doing to take his mind off his problems, and shake off the unusual grogginess.

"I need to find Caylus, and try again. And I should honestly apologize to Emmet. He...kinda saved me back there. If I agreed to the deal, who knows where I'd be? I have to focus on what I agreed on."

Once again, a certain location of Syspocalypstar piqued his interest. Stardust.

He wasn't sure why, but he was drawn to it.

The first time he was there, it impressed him. Despite everything being covered in shades of pink, a comfort came with the atmosphere.

The streets smelled like freshly baked pastries, so he assumed they had a cafe or bakery somewhere. The fragrance was more potent than anywhere else in the city.

As he walked down the town sidewalk, he looked towards the forest area. He hummed quietly, and tried not to worry.

"I just have to find out how to approach this."

After a while of walking, he spotted a small bakery in the middle of the town. The building was pink, with a light purple roof. It added a nice splash of color.

There was a menu displayed in front.

When Rex was in Undar, his whole body was frozen. He didn't have to use the restroom or go hungry.

In his current state , he could finally feel things. Things natural yet almost forgotten. The reminder of his human body struck him hard.

"I...can be normal." He sighed, "Just like I used to do in Bricksburg. Can't be too hard."

He walked up to the bakery door, but was immediately stopped by two women sitting at a nearby table.

"Hey! My friend thinks you're cute!"
"Shut up!"

"She wants to know if you're single."

The Raptor Trainer turned towards them. He was a bit surprised, given that he had never received that kind of attention before.

As his past self, he wasn't used to such flattery. Given that he had such a basic look to him. As Rex Dangervest, he was conventionally attractive, and he had nearly forgotten that with everything going on.

"Um, yeah."
"We've never seen you around. You must be new."

"You could say that. But I'm not interested in dating right now. I just got out of a pretty serious relationship so..."

"Aww, come on! You have to want a girlfriend!"

"Maybe someday?" He rubbed the back of his neck, "I don't know. I'm not big on romance. Maybe one day the right lady will just come up behind me."

The door to the bakery opened behind him, and a woman in a pink maid outfit walked out. Rex had failed to notice her, since he was distracted.

She looked back into the bakery, and motioned outwards.

"Hurry along, Princess. You have a busy schedule."

"Coming!"

Another woman dressed in all pink stepped out of the building. Her very long brunette hair swayed with the wind, and the pink ends of it flickered in the sunlight.