Chapter IV

Time skip 2 years

It's been two years since I have had contact with humanity. After the attack on Magnolia, I just wasn't ready to go back to all the chaos of fighting. I spent the first year training myself so I can deal with tragedies like that easier and quicker. Then the second year I led a peaceful life away from all the fighting of the world. I spent much of my time meditating and thinking of all the things that have happened to me so far. I eventually got over parting with my old world and decided that this new world would be my life now. Of course, if I would have the chance to go back to my own world I would undoubtedly return. However, I figured my opinion may change depending on if I get any new friends here in this new world. I didn't think too much about that specific topic because I knew if the time came I would have to pick.

One day I was just wandering the forest when I sensed a dark presence around me. I looked around taking in all of the factors around me should they come in handy. To my right, I saw what it was. A boy with dark hair and a sort of black toga. He had a emotionless expression on his face but still almost looked sad as he saw all the plant life around him. He seemed to sense me too because he looked up and saw me. I then saw a flash of pity come across his face but it quickly disappeared. He looked at the plants sadly when all of a sudden a wave of dark energy pulsed from him killing all life around him. I quickly used a Hirashin to teleport away from the dark pulse as I knew something bad would happen if it touched me.

He saw me disappear and looked mildly surprised. He looked around and saw me out of the range of the dark pulse. He then said "Interesting, you are one of the few people to actually be able to get out of the way of my curse." I looked warily at him watching his every move in case he attempted another attack. I then said in response, "Well hopefully I won't have to get out of the way again because if you attempt one more attack I will assume your an enemy and will attack you" "It is not my choice when it attacks. It is a curse I have contracted. All life around me is doomed to die." He responded to my defensive threat.

"What is your name?" I ask. "My name does not concern you, however, if you must know I am Zeref. Yes, the ultimate dark wizard," he answers. "Huh never heard of you," I responded. "Never? The ultimate dark mage who left behind the evil books of Zerif?" He said while deadpanning. "Nope. Why was I supposed to?" I asked. "Well I assumed you would, but no matter. Since you were able to evade the curse I shall leave you in peace for the time being."

After the strange encounter, I decided that if there were evils like that in this world I should go out and defend against them. I decided that I should go and join fairy tail.

AU: Little bit of a shorter chapter but I just had the idea of them meeting and felt like I had to write something.